Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Elder Scrolls > Hrothstuck

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

>Receive payment for delivering the mail, if we didn't get it up front.

>How much moneys do we have now? If we have enough to buy a nice cushion of healing-type items for the upcoming journey without completely emptying our wallets, I say do that.

--

The destructor has gone

February 13, 2012 at 6:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

>Receive payment for delivering the mail.

You report back to Sven, who gives you 25 gold. You now have 524 Septims.

>Check Sylladex.

Again, no idea what the hell that is. However, you do check your inventory.

Steel Dagger

Fine Leather Armor

Novice Mage Robes and Hood

5 Vials of Frostbite Spider Venom

8 Minor Healing Potions

6 Minor Magicka Potions

1 Minor Stamina Potions

In excess of 15 bottles of various types of alcohol.

Between the Riverwood Trader and their local smithy you could probably obtain almost any sort of weapon, armor, potion or basic spell tome. But do you need or want anything?

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

February 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

>Challege everyone in Riverwood to a swimming contest. Win all the money.

--

Professional Grumpy Old Man

February 15, 2012 at 1:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Wow, okay, I think we're good then.

>Go get that CLAW!

--

The destructor has gone

February 15, 2012 at 10:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vesicant Lemur

One can never have enough health potions when it's your life on the line.

>Buy 3 more health potions, then retrieve claw

--

Life is Absurd. Chill out. Don't give a fuck.

February 15, 2012 at 4:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Happy 69th post, Lemur.

--

The destructor has gone

February 15, 2012 at 4:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vesicant Lemur

Wonderful! I shall celebrate with a picture of only tangential relation!

--

Life is Absurd. Chill out. Don't give a fuck.

February 15, 2012 at 9:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

I am starting to get severly tempted to get this game, especially with the Homestuck mods. I just want to use that Sord and the pogo hammer so badly, you have no idea.

>Get a clever disguise from the smithy's.

--

February 16, 2012 at 12:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator

>buy spell tome. You suck at magic, so the more you can possibly learn the better (even if it's not much).

>get drunk and challenge unfortunate passerbys to duels.

--
February 20, 2012 at 5:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I have a feeling this next update will be a good one.

--

The destructor has gone

February 20, 2012 at 5:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Been distracted with my main game and modding. Will post an update soon.

Also, the Pogo Hammer is utterly ridiculous. It bounces the enemy around. I have my companion in another game equipped with it, and hilarious/annoying shenanigans ensue.

--

February 20, 2012 at 6:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

I'm finally going to be getting Skyrim! Though I'm holding off til Spring break in part due to the crazy good sales at that time, and partly so that I don't get sucked in right before midterms.  I cannot wait for the Pogo Hammer shenanigans!

--

February 21, 2012 at 5:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Tamoria at February 21, 2012 at 5:53 PM

I'm finally going to be getting Skyrim! Though I'm holding off til Spring break in part due to the crazy good sales at that time, and partly so that I don't get sucked in right before midterms.  I cannot wait for the Pogo Hammer shenanigans!

It will also give me some time to accept that I may never see you again.

--

The destructor has gone

February 21, 2012 at 8:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

>Buy spell tome. You suck at magic, so the more you can possibly learn the better (even if it's not much).

Indeed, it is not much. Lucan has only a few tomes he's willing to part with. He gives you a sweet two-for-the-price-of-one-defensive-spell-pack of Oakflesh and Lesser Ward! You also grab a tome of Frostbite, to complete the Destruction elemental trio.

>Buy 3 more health potions.

Unfortunately, you're pretty much out of money. You manage to buy one potion with your small sum of gold left. Magicking is expensive...

>Challege everyone in Riverwood to a swimming contest. Win all the money.

You step outside.

The streets are empty. A torrent of rain descends upon the countryside, as if assaulting a fortress, or say, a small town trader. A low note is produced. It's the one Distraction plays to remind its audience that they're still listening.

It is your first day in Skyrim, and unlike any day preceding it, something feels right. The claw you are to search for is only the first of what the Daedra have in store for you, you're certain. Their course schemes are as interminable as they are mysterious, and you are sure that they involve you this time.

"Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." -Tiber Septim

Yes, you are certain Tiber Septim said that. One hundred percent positive.

You have a feeling it's going to be a long night.

>Get drunk and challenge unfortunate passerbys to duels.

Nobody's outside. Did you not read that block of text? It's fucking pouring! Honestly, you could almost swim up the mountain. But not really, because that would be dumb.

>Get a clever disguise from the smithy's.

The smithy's closed up for the night. However, you do manage to fashion yourself a rather suitable outfit from various furs and leather. It'll get you up the mountain relatively dry.

>Go get that CLAW!

(more to come...)

--

February 22, 2012 at 6:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

>Make a fsjal face until the next update

--

The destructor has gone

February 22, 2012 at 9:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

>Go get that CLAW!

You follow Carlotta's directions and head up the mountain. The rain isn't letting up. Thunder cracks in the distance. You hear a nearby howl.

>STRIFE

Oh shit, a wolf!

-ABJURATION ==> This is Elder Scrolls, not D&D! You cast Oakflesh on yourself, raising your armor bonus significantly.

-ABLAZIFY==> In what universe does that qualify as a word? You are just notoriously shitty at synonyms aren't you? You cast Flames on the wolf, retreating as you go. Lightning flashes. You are momentarily blinded, but still burning fucking everything in front of you. As you regain sight, you look to see that the wolf has completely vanished. Did you really atomize it? Judging from the lack of a corpse, you guess so?

>Continue up the slope.

As you journey further up the mountain, you find that the rain is freezing upon impact, coating the road with a layer of ice. You see a tower in the distance. A man runs towards you, fists ready to fly.

>STRIFE!

Wait, what?

-ABUSE ARCANE AWESOMENESS==> Umm...okay. You burn the pugilist to a charred husk. You're getting pretty good at this.

-ASSAULT ARCHERS==> Archers? Suddenly an arrow flies past you. Oh, right, archers. You cast Oakflesh on yourself again and incinerate the bandit.

-ASCEND==> Isn't it a little early for this command? You head up the tower. Upon reaching the top, you find a female bandit ready to fight. You cast Oakflesh on yourself once more, only to find that you're out of Magicka.

-AGRESSIVELY DIPLOMACIZE==> You introduce the lady to your brand of "diplomacy". You grab her by the face and slam her head into the tower wall. You thought you made a fair offer. She was the one who...(puts on sunglasses)...lost her head.

>YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

(more to come...)

--

February 23, 2012 at 12:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

^inb4 Tam loses it when she reads how that ended.

--

The destructor has gone

February 23, 2012 at 9:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator

>feel like a BOSS.

--
February 24, 2012 at 10:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

Good thread, best update. YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!

>Collect Grist

>Advance

--

February 27, 2012 at 11:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Bluh, bluh, Navy Bullshit. Haven't had computer for past few weeks. Will update soon.

--

March 13, 2012 at 4:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

247 views - 0 comments
237 views - 1 comment
304 views - 4 comments
268 views - 0 comments