Predictable Randomness

Forum

Post Reply
Forum Home > Elder Scrolls > Hrothstuck

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator
Posts: 1888

>Use new found magical prowess to kill moar wolves, acquire moar pelts, and grind up moneys to buy stuff in Riverwood.

--

The destructor has gone

February 6, 2012 at 4:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486
Use new found magical prowess... What new found magical prowess? You know all of three spells, Shock, Flames and Healing, and of the three the only one you're any good at is Healing. The Mage Stone is said to unlock your magical potential, basically meaning you become a faster learner of magic.
--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

February 6, 2012 at 5:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic
Member
Posts: 175

>Use accelerated magical learning to accelerate money into your pockets.

--

Professional Grumpy Old Man

February 6, 2012 at 7:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

>Use accelerated magical learning to accelerate money into your pockets.

How are you supposed to do that?


>Become the greatest highwayman in all the nine holds.

Reallly? Banditry? You...you guess that'll work. You're more of a second-story lizard, but petty theft is petty theft.

You find a woman fishing nearby.


>Say something appropriate, like "Stand and Deliver!"

You wonder what exactly that phrase is supposed to mean, and instead tell the fisherwoman to give you her money or her life, holding up a fire spell. She reaches for her pocket and...

...bursts into flames. Dammit! Fucking twitchy cold-blooded hands! That thing about being NOT VERY GOOD AT IT never stopped being a thing that was true with regards to magic. And now you have to deal with a dead fisherwoman...the bounty on your head is sure to skyrocket...


>No witnesses. No bounty.

Oh. Huh. Awesome. But you've still got a body to dispose of. You steal all the delishus meats from the woman as well as strip her of all her belongings, including clothes. The man and elf races have always been quite prudish regarding nudity, you've noticed. It's probably because they don't have scales or fur to protect them from the elements.


>Abandon this topic and the body.

What? Oh, right. You toss the naked woman into the river. All this food is too well preserved for your tastes. You should find something fresh.


>Hunt.

You look across the river and spot a deer prancing about. Perfect. You chase it down, burning and electrifying it, and yet it still runs. You tackle it, burning the last vestiges of life from its form. Oh, hey, a lumber mill!


>Explore Riverwood.

Oh, this is Riverwood? Huh. You turn around and see a Stormcloak that also narrowly escaped. He tells you that you should TOTALLY join the Stormcloaks, for realsies, because the Empire are, like, mean and stuff. You don't know. You get distracted by the slowly spinning water wheel.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

February 9, 2012 at 11:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic
Member
Posts: 175

>The worse you are  at something, the faster you learn it when you practice. This is a thing that is true. Now practice on the Stormcloak.

(This has inspired me to work on converting the races of  TES into Pathfinders. It also inadvertently lead to me sending my Nord character on his way to digital Sovngarde.)

--

Professional Grumpy Old Man

February 10, 2012 at 1:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

>Practice on the Stormcloak.

Something tells you this is a terrible idea. Mostly because you'd obtain a ludicrously huge bounty on your head, because, you know, you're in a town, with witnesses and stuff. Also, you don't think he'd die, even if you killed him.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

February 10, 2012 at 11:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator
Posts: 1888

>Politely decline the Stormcloak's offer? I guess? Seems kinda shady.


>Don't forget to sell those pelts and acquire moneys!


(Sorry I've been absent like all of this week, really. Rough last few days. Also, sorry my suggestions suck. We're getting to the part of the story where my lack of having played Skyrim is starting to catch up to me)

--

The destructor has gone

February 11, 2012 at 12:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

>Politely decline the Stormcloak's offer? I guess? Seems kinda shady.

Yeah, the Stormcloak thing does seem kinda shady, you guess. Something about a civil war and their leader shouting at the king until he explodes...you really have no interest in Imperial politics. Just surviving an execution is more than enough for you. Regardless, time to eat some venison!


>Don't forget to sell those pelts and acquire moneys!

What? Oh, right. The wolf fur. You take it to the blacksmith to sell. He mentions that you could actually make some leather out of it if you wanted to and use that to make new armor and weapons...

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

February 11, 2012 at 2:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator
Posts: 1888

>Get to work, young aspiring amateur smith!

--

The destructor has gone

February 11, 2012 at 2:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria
Member
Posts: 234

>Make the best weapon ever:




--


February 11, 2012 at 3:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator
Posts: 1888

^This. It must be done.

--

The destructor has gone

February 11, 2012 at 4:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

Tamoria, you are truly awesome. I found and downloaded that mod (which also has the pogo hammer), along with one that replaces the sun with the Homestuck one. My game just got that much more awesome.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

February 11, 2012 at 11:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

>Make the best weapon ever: the SORD . . . .

Um...you aren't even sure what exactly this thing is, or why you'd want to make it. That thing is so unbelievably shitty it'd probably float off into the sun if you weren't careful. Besides, it'd probably require daedric artifacts to make make something so terrible.


>Get to work, young aspiring amateur smith!

The smithy lets you have free range of the forge. You spent a decent amount of your childhood near one, mostly because of how warm they always were. In the warmth the forge provides, you craft a set of FINE LEATHER ARMOR as the sun sets, as befitting of your background. You've worn many a set like this. But is it truly what you wish to wear, being the newly born Argonian you are?

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

February 12, 2012 at 3:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator
Posts: 1888

Well, if I don't wear it, can I sell it? If so, for how much, and what can I then buy with the moneys?

--

The destructor has gone

February 12, 2012 at 5:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vesicant Lemur
Member
Posts: 98

Going to need some kind of armor if I don't want to get killed out there, so this'll do until I can find something else.

Or can just sell it for a few septims and party at the inn 'til dawn. Show those pretentious College bards how it's done.

--

Life is Absurd. Chill out. Don't give a fuck.

February 12, 2012 at 9:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

>Wear the armor until you can find something else.

Okay then. You put on the FINE LEATHER ARMOR. You admire yourself in the nearby river.


>Sell your goods for a few septims and party at the inn 'til dawn.

You sell all the crappy Imperial shit you've been lugging around for what seems like a week but in actuality has only been one day. Except your steel dagger. You need some way to get the hides off of animals. You sell it all for just short of 500 gold. Time to party at the inn!


>Show those pretentious College bards how it's done.

You head into the Sleeping Giant, only to find the couple who run the place arguing about how the ale's gone bad and how it needs replacing. Riiiiiiiight. Let's not drink here.


>The Pretentious College Bards. They have not been shown how it's done.

Oh right. There is that Nord in the corner, trying to play a lute. Seeing your interest in his performance, he asks if you'd like to help him woo a local woman, Camilia Valerius. He offers you moneys to help him out...

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

February 12, 2012 at 10:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator
Posts: 1888

>I'll bite, sidequests are always fun. Usually. What's he want us to do?


[Last new avatar for awhile. I promise]

--

The destructor has gone

February 12, 2012 at 10:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

>Sidequests are always fun. Usually. What's he want us to do?

The bard, named Sven, has been competing for Camilia's affections with the local hunter, a Bosmer named Faendal. He wants you to deliver a message allegedly from Faendal that will end the love triangle with himself as the victor. Wow, that's not creepy at all. However, gold is gold...

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

February 12, 2012 at 11:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator
Posts: 1888

>Gopher it.

--

The destructor has gone

February 13, 2012 at 12:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

>Gopher it.

Yes. The mail is sacred, and sacred is the trust between the Post Man and the recipients of his precious parcels. You have made a solemn pledge to deliver this letter to Carlotta, just as soon as you determine where this address is, or find any sort of discernible mailing address in this frozen wasteland, for that matter. The mail is freedom. The mail is life. The mail is the very fabric of civiliz...

 

Wait.

 

Hold that thought for one moment...


>Ask where Carlotta is.

Sven tells you that Carlotta Valerius lives with her brother, Lucan, at the Riverwood Trader. You head on in to find them arguing about thieves. Apparently a group of bandits had stolen a GOLDEN DRAGONS CLAW and fled to BLEAK FALLS BARROW. Despite Lucans best attempt to convince you to do another side quest, you successfully deliver the mail. Carlotta is terribly disgusted by the forged letter. She'll never let Faendal into her house again.


>There can be only one. Kill the other great highwaymen of this hold and steal the CLAW for yourself.

That...actually doesn't sound like a half bad idea. You have Carlotta point you in the direction of BLEAK FALLS BARROW. Now, was there anything else you were going to get before leaving?

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

February 13, 2012 at 5:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

222 views - 0 comments
216 views - 1 comment
280 views - 4 comments
242 views - 0 comments