Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Nuzlocke Runs > Beware Tall Grass

Cecil-Jacobs

Yes this is a Nuzlocke run of a Game Entirely in Japanese. I know some Japanese, but not enough to play the game. If it wasn't for having the whole Pokemon Kanto Region memorized I wouldn't even try to attempt this Nuzlocke. 

Also, since this is a Narrative of the game as well as a story but it is in Japanese, I will be making up a lot of the dialog to fit into my plans. Just so you know. 

Speaking of you knowing, this tale is about two Heroes; Cecil and Jivide. When you are reading Jivide's narrative, it will be Red. When you are reading Jivide's narrative it will be blue. When they both are talking with each other their lines will color their voices and the text will remain as it is now.

RULES!

1. If it Faints, you put it in the Box labeled DEAD.
2. Nickname everything you catch!
3. It is in Japanese, no more rules will be added. Being in a foreign language makes this hard enough.
4. Species Clause. 

I'll start the narrative tomorrow. I tried today but each time it just came out awful.

March 3, 2011 at 12:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

special bulbasaur fsjal to show my excitement, and to honor the version mascot.
--

The destructor has gone

March 3, 2011 at 12:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

So Jivide is both Red and Blue?

--

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas."

March 3, 2011 at 1:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

D"argh. I didn't realize that Typo. 

Cecil is RED
Jivide is BLUE

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

March 3, 2011 at 9:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Shweet.  Can't wait for a the first post!

--

March 3, 2011 at 8:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

I had always lived in Pallet Town, a small town of maybe 10 people. There is Me, Cecil, and then let's see... My next door neighbor Jivide, who has been my rival since last I could remeber -we are almost the same age, him a little older-  the boy named Hideki who kept mostly to himself,  and Professor Oak, Jivde's Grandfather and also the premiere expert on Pokemon, to name a few. It is has always been like this. I wake up, do my homeschool work and play in the garden with Jivide. It has always been this way... Until one day I broke all the rules.
I had always been told  to stay away from the Northern part of town. Mom would always puff herself up each time before I went outside "Don't you go to the Northern Edge of the town young man!" she would preach "Monsters lurk in the tall grass! If you come near them they will gobble you up!"
So I never went there. Mother's graphic stories about how the monsters would go about eating me scared me so bad that I stayed far away. As fearful as I was of the North, I would still speak with Jivide about it on occasion.
"Do you know about the Monsters to the North that eat chidlren's eyelids before putting them into pots and boiling them alive?" I would ask.
"Of course I have heard about them!" Jivde would boast. "My Grandfather always talks about them! He would even tell me how to beat them." he would add softly. 
"Really? They can be beaten?" I would say, eyes wide.
"Yep, they sure can." he would say smugly. "You need to have a Pokemon first."
"How woudl I get one of those?"
"Psssh, you? Get a Pokemon? A little dweeb like you could never handle a Pokemon. Pokemon like strong people, people like me!"

We played "Monsters and Pokemon" for years after that, sometimes even Hideki would come outside and play with us. (He was a bit older than we were and didn't like to play as much. He had a "Nintendo" which he liked to play more.)
That was the way it stayed. Jivide and I grew up, our tastes changed. Jivide became intrested in girls, and then became obsessed with them. I started reading and focusing on my Homework. We still stayed friends and rivals though, and we even still played "Monsters and Pokemon".
All until the day I walked into the grass on a dare.

"Go on! Let's see it!" Jivide shouted at me with a local girl, my crush Isabella, draped on his shoulders. 
"I dunno about this.." I said hesitating.
"Oh come on pussy! Just go into the grass. You said you were more of a man then I am to Bell here, so PROVE IT!"
My breath came in heavy heaves and sweat drenched my body. No no Cecil, you can do this! You are more of a man than Jivide, surely Isabella will see that and leave him for you. You just got to do this!
I took a deep breath and calmed myself and inched closer to the Hedges of grass so tall that I couldn't see over them. I slowly lifted my hand straight out in front of me. I wasn't even a foot from the Grass by now. 
I closed my eyes and lurched forward, best to get it done in quickly.
"WAIT!" Called out a voice. "DON'T GO INTO THE TALL GRASS!"
Reeling I spun my body around and opened my eyes to see Oak running at us hands outstreached to try and stop me. I flailed about trying to grasp at the air and prevent my body from falling into the grass but it was too late. The jump combined with the twist of my body couldn't be stopped and I careened into the grass which swallowed me in it's maw.

I squirmed about of the floor and became instantainously lost. 
How coudl this be? I just fell through only 2 feet! Surely the exit is right around here.
Despite logic, I could not find the exit no matter which way I searched nor could I hear Oak shouting, if he was at all. I was completely alone and lost. I sat down fearful to move.
Surely if I just wait here someone will come find me. Unless... the monsters do first.
I began to shiver with fear. I didn't want my brain to adorn a Monster's mantleplace or my stomach to be sucked out through my mouth and be devoured. 
As if to answer my fears I suddenly heard thick footsteps. Something was out there! I narrowed my eyes hoping to see the monster, curious despite the threat of being eaten. The rustling become more fierce as something approached, and I saw the grass moving ever so slightly. 
This is it. This is how I die. I thought. 
For stepping out of the grass into my field of vision was a creature as scary as my mother's stories explained. Although small it was build powerfully, sporting four powerful legs with a curled tail resting at it's end. It's face was narrow and pointed, and harbored a pair of pointed teeth that looked strong enough to rend my flesh in seconds. My breath caught in my throat, afraid to breathe. 
Too late! The monster turned to face me malice in its eyes. Arceus why? I screamed in my head. The monster let out a hiss and launched itself at me, and I closed my eyes praying it would kill me quickly.
I heard it thud, but felt nothing on me. Tenativly I lifted me eye. Something was standing in front of me, a blue creature partially encased in a orange shell.
The shelled creature had apparently taken the hit for me, and it let out a roar challenging the Sharp-toother monster. 
The Toothed horror grinned and launched itself at the shelled one, but was met with a sharp blow to the head and feel unconscious to the floor.
The shelled creature let out a cry of success before turning to face. Unike the monster before, this one had large, kind eyes. I felt instantaniously at ease as he looked me over, curious of me as I was of him.
"CE-CIL!" I heard Jivide call out.
"Here! I shouted, scaring the Monster into his shell. Not but a second later I saw Jivide come out of the grass with his grandfather close behind. To my surprise there was a monster at Jivide's heels, a green creature with a seed upon its back.
I watched as Oak looked between me, the shelled monster, and the unconscious toothed monster nearby.
"Looks like we'll have to tell him too." Oak said grimly looking at his Grandson. "Get Cecil out of here, and make sure that Squirtle comes along too. We need to head back to the lab."
Jivide walked over and gave me a hand up and grinned.
"Come on now, back to the Lab like Gramps said."
I gave him a tired look but followed close behind, glad to be alive.
"Oh and by the way..." He said stopping. "Bell was not impressed."

March 3, 2011 at 9:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

aww, you worked Hideki into your canon! also, i love how this looks so far. can't wait to see more!

--

The destructor has gone

March 3, 2011 at 9:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

I half-supported, half-dragged Cecil into Gramps' Lab. I could not believe he had actually gone into the grass! He was such a wimp, always talking about books instead of boobs, I didn't think he actually had the gumption to actually go in there.
"Sit here." I said indicating a chair nearby a table. "You need to be informed."
Cecil gave me a wide-eyed star but didn't say anything. I knelt down and patted my Bulbasaur on the head. Although Cecil hadn't payed any attention, too shocked or something, I had had my Saur weaken the Squirtle so I could catch it. 
"Good job little Buddy." I said rubbing me hand on his smooth forhead. He nuzzled up against me happly giving a purr. 
I stood up just as Gramps came through the door and took a stand in front of Cecil.
Here it comes. I thought, grinning and remembering when Gramps had the same talk with me years ago.
"You have been told a lie Cecil." he said, looking at him squarely.
"Your whole life you have been lied to. There are no "Monsters" like your Mother described, there are only Pokemon. Jivide, if you please." he said nodding to the Pokeball in my hand. With a causal cool I tossed out the Squirtle before the still-shocked Cecil.
Oak moved over and picke up the Squirtle and placed it in Cecil's lap.
"This here, is a Pokemon. The Creatures that inhabit this world. I study these creatures extensively."
"Wh- why would mother lie to me though?" Cecil managed to stammer out.
"Because Cecil, it was safest this way. Pokemon are dangerous creatures. Your mother was afraid."
"Afraid of what?" he said abscently petting his Squirtle.
"Of your natural affinity for Pokemon. Just like my Grandson here." Oak said gesturing to me. "There are certain People in the world who can command Pokemon and use them to controll others. Both your Father and my Son were very powerful trainers. Your mother was afraid that if you met Pokemon, you would want to become a trainer too, then go off and get yourself killed like he did."
Of course, Gramps wasn't afraid for me. He told me about Pokemon years ago because he knew I was so powerful that I could controll them. 
"Now you must tell me something Cecil, it is very importent. What happened in the grass? What did that Squirtle do to the Ratatta?"
Cecil was silent for a long time before he spoke.
"The... Ratatta you called it? The Ratatta came after me. Thsi Squirtle appeared and protected me." he said petting the Squirtle and smiling.
"I see..." said Gramps with some dissapointment. "I guess it can't be helped..... it appreared.... an amazing potential... mother will be diss.." he mumbled.
"What happens now?" Cecil asked looking up at Oak.
"Jivide, pack your things and help Cecil pack his. You both are going."
"WHAT?! This is totally unfair! Cecil will just slow me down!" I said, furious at the idea of that bumbler following me around.
"NOW JIVIDE!" Oak commanded, I even shirked a bit, I have to admit. Grumbling I left the Lab and went to the house. Of course I was already packed for the journey, I had known about this for months. 
"How goes it little brother?" said a vocie from upstairs.
I smiled as Daisy, my sister, headed down the stairs.
"Gramps says it is time to go."
"You don't sound as thrilled as you were yesterday."
"I have to take Cecil along." I said with a grumble.
Daisy stopped and looked at me dead in the eyes. 
"He was exposed too?"
"Yeah... the idiot tumbled into the Grass just this morning on a dare."
Daisy looked down saddness in her eyes.
"His mother will be so dissapointed."
"Yeah? So what? Nothing to be done now. If you are a trainer and a Pokemon picks you, you have no choice."
"I know that!" she snapped. "I just wish it didn't have to be against her will and behind her back like this."
I had no good responce so I just stayed silent.
"I'll miss you little brother." She finally said.
"I'll miss you too sis." I smiled back giving her a hug.
"Promise me you'll be safe? I don't want what happened to mom and dad to..."
"It won't." I said sternly cutting her off.
He face melted with belief.
"Bye sis, time to go."
She didn't say anything, just waved and gave me a cheery smile.

"Where will we go?" Cecil asked as we hiked through the grass. 
"Viridian City will be our first stop. Once we get there I am dropping you off, you'll only slow me down."
Cecil went silent again.
"Why didn't I get to say goodbye?" he finally blabbered.
"Because she would only try to stop you, and that would make it even harder on us."
"I still don't understand Jivide. Why do we have to defeat the Gym Leaders and collect the badges? Why are we doing this?"
I met his question with silence not even sure how to answer myself.
"Jivide! I am talking to..."
"Shh!" I said motioning for him to shut-up. The grass nearby had begun to rustle.
"Watch this Cecil, this is how you catch a Pokemon." I said, readying my Pokeball. I had never caught one before, but Gramps had explained it to my so many times... what could go wrong?
"Buddy!" I shouted releasing my Bulbasaur. "Tackle whatever is behind the grass there!"
With a cry, Buddy launched himself at the grass and knocked a feathed Pokemon out. Quickly I pulled out my Dex which named it a 'Pidgey'
"Ha! Pidgey you are mine!" I shouted throwing an empty Pokeball.
"Why do you call your Bulbasaur Bud...?"  Cecil began but I shushed him again watching my wiggling Pokeball. Within seconds the ball halted moving. I strolled over and picked up the ball admiring my new Pidgey.
"You'll make a welcome addition to my team... Admiral." I said, pleased with my nickname.
"See this is how you catch a Pokemon Cecil. You battle em' and then catch em in your empty Pokeballs." I said gesturing to his pack where Gramps had placed 5 empty Pokeballs.
"This way you can make your team stronger. See, now I am stronger than you because I have 2 Pokemon, while all you have is that dumb Squirtle!" I said with a laugh.
"Hey! Muu (pronounced Moo, Japanese Naming lol) and I can catch a Pokemon too!" he said definatly. 
"Oh yeah? Prove it tough guy." I said gesturing to the grass. 
I stifled a laugh as Cecil fumbled with his Pokeball and released his Squirtle. Cecil and Muu then moved through the grass until they too found a Pokemon, a little Ratatta.
I saw Cecil shiver with fear, I guess he was still afraid of the little rat-pokemon. I laughed. There is no way he can do this.
"A-alright Muu! Get that... umm... Ratatta!"
Muu growled at the Ratatta before charging the beast. To my surprise Muu actually did a considerable amount of damage. Cecil readied his Pokeball high in his hand before letting it fly at the wounded Ratatta. The Pokeball shifted only 3 times and stopped. Amazing. I thought with disgust. He actually is pretty good. 
"Ha! I caught that Ratatta!" Cecil said grinning. "I'll name you Yatta!"
As Cecil turned back around to face me I hid my grimace behind a confident smile.
"Well Hotshot, seeing as how you seem to know everything about Pokemon, I guess I will leave you now. 
Cecil's face instantly fell.
"You are leaving me here?" he said, a hint of dread in his voice.
"Of course! You don't think we were going to travel together did you? I have stuff to do, Gym Leaders to fell. You'll only slowly me down. Besides" I said gesturing to his newly caught Ratatta. "You seem to know how to handle yourself."
Cecil's face only became more worried. So I relented just a little.
"Fine... here." I said digging in my backpack. I pulled out an extra Town Map I had swiped from Gramps' room before I had left and threw it at Cecil.
"There, that'll tell you how to get to the next town. Smell you later!" I said turning around.
"But wait!" I heard Cecil call out, but I didn't turn around. I left him there on Route 1, I couldn't have him follow me.

March 3, 2011 at 10:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

oh, i guess i didn't have to wait to see more. but after reading the latest chapter... i can't wait to see more again.

i love how Jivide just happened to swipe an extra map... riiight. i think he may not be quite the hardass he portrays himself to be.

--

The destructor has gone

March 3, 2011 at 10:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

No more tonight, my hand hurts from typing. 

--

Ask me about my waifus

March 3, 2011 at 10:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

(Fun R/B/Y fact! Gust is a Normal Type move, not flying type.)

"I can't make heads or tails of this map Muu." I said abscently as I spun the map around. "I don't know where we are. What did Jivide call the next city? Viridian?"
I heard Muu cry off to my left and spun around. He was standing up pointing between some blades of Grass. I walked over and poked my head through where we was pointing. There the grass cleared and I saw buildings!
"Oh!" I said, excited. "You found Viridian Muu!"
I pushed through the Grass and walked into the City. It was much bigger than Pallet Town and contained many strange buildings. One in particular stuck out to me, a red-roofed one called a 'Pokemon Center'. "We care for you Pokemon" read a sign outside the building.
"Hello Traveler!" shouted a voice to my left. I turned to see an older man walking up to me. "You look like a Pokemon Trainer!"
Pokemon Trainer? That is what a person like me is called right?
"Uhh, yeah. I am." I said to the old man, specifically to the large, shiny, bald spot on his forehead that parctically demanded to be the focus of your attention.
"Well you best be movin' on then! We don't like Pokemon Trainers and their ilk here!" 
Seeing my face his stern scowl broke and he smiled, or smiled as best he could with only 2 teeth.
"I jest young un'! I used to be a prime Pokemon Trainer in my day! One of the best really. Maybe I should show you the ropes, like how to catch a Pokemon?"
"Uhh... actually I have already caught a Pokemon sir. A Ratatta."
"Is that so?" he said with a hint of disbelief. "Then at least allow me to tell yer' this. The Gym here is closed. The Gym Leader is off somewhere doin' somethin' or a'nuther. Your best bet would be to head through the Viridian Forest and head to Pewter City and challenge their Gym Leader."
"Ah okay." I said with little enthusiasim. I was already unsure about so many things, now I had to travel further to fight my first Gym Leader.
"Say..." the old man started. "You wouldn't happen to know a boy named Jivide would yeh? Right good boy he was, a masterful trainer."
My ears perked up. "Jivide? Yes I know him. We were traveling together before we got... seperated."
"Ah!" the old man said his face aglow. "The boy just passed through here and I told em' the same as you, to head on to Pewter. He said he was going to first head out to see the Elite Four Gate, if ya hurry you could still find him." the old man said, pointing the way.
"Will do!" I said and headed off to find Jivide. "Thanks mister!" I called back.

"More grass" I groaned to Muu looking out across the grassy field. the old man in Viridian City had pointed me to. I took a deep breath and pushed my way in and was instantinously set upon by a Pokemon. I took out my Pokedex which revealed it to be a Nidoran, specifically a female one. The Nidoran let out a soft growl telling us to back off.
"Alright Muu. Let's try and catch this Nidoran."
Muu gave a growl of content and walked out in between me and the Nidoran. 
The Nidoran growled again warning Muu to back away. Muu only grinned, and then set forth a blast of blubbles from his mouth. The bubbles stung the the Nidoran instantinously stunning and blinding it. 
"Wow Muu, I didn't know you could do that. That is awesome!"
Muu smiled cutely, before pointing at the stunned Nidoran.
I looked at him blankly before remembering. "Oh right, a Pokeball."
I threw my Pokeball at the Nidoran and caught it without a fuss.
"Now I have three Pokemon" I said grinning. "I shall call you Rigaru (Regal)!" I said looking at my Pokeball and smiling.

"Not bad." Jivide's voiced callled out from the grass. With flair he stepped out into the clearing. 
"Jivide! I was told I would find you this way. See, I can keep up! Let's not split up again."
"You caught because I took a detour." he said gesturing behind him. "You know what is that way? " My blank stare told him everything I knew, basically nothing. He smirked. "Back behind us is the Elite Four. The Toughest trainers in the world. I thought to go in and give them a good thrashing, but the gatekeeper said I had to have all the Kanto Gym Badges first. Do you know what that means?"
I shook my head, blank again. 
"It means, whatever Gramps sent us out for has to do with the Elite Four. Why did he just thrust us out of Town with only "Go Collect all the Gym Badges"? I am betting it is so we can get to the Elite Four."
"I see." I stated, even though I barely knew what he was talking about. "So where are we off to next?"
"I told you before Cecil, there is no "we". I am going to Pewter, you can do what you want."
"But why Jivide? I can keep up with you, honest."
"I.. I just need to do this by myself. I mean, you will still slow me down!" his voice began to raise. "I bet you can't even handle yourself in a Pokemon Battle!"
I gave him a quizzical look. "What is a Pokemon Battle?"
Jivide's face suddenly darkened with this new grin.
"You haven't even had one yet have you?"
"Of course not, I don't know what they are!" I yelled, getting frusterated.
"Very well, I challenge you Cecil! Send out your Pokemon."
Jivide brought his hands out of his pockets and threw down a Pokeball which released his Pidgey, Admiral. 
Oh I see now. Two trainers take their Pokemon and pit the against each other.
"Wait Jivide! Why are we doing this? We are friends, we don't need to battle."
Jivide didn't look at me as he spoke.
"If a trainer challenges you to Pokemon Battle you can't escape. Now throw out your Pokemon."
Alright fine. I'll throw out a damn Pokemon. After I beat you maybe I can get a straight answer.
"Go Muu!" I shouted. Muu stepped away from my side and faced the Pidgey.
"Alright Admiral, Gust!" Jivide shouted pointing at Muu.
With a screech the Pidgey beat it's wings and blasted Muu with the wind. 
My heart began to quicken and a was suddenly aware of every vein in my body pulsating.
"Don't just take that Muu! Blast back with Bubble!" 
Muu gritted his teeth and blew forth a multitude of bubbles at the Pidgey. Although it blew away many of them with Gust, one bubble slipped through and struck the bird. With a start it cried out and fell to the ground. 
"Keep the bubbles coming!" I shouted to Muu who only increased his output of bubbles.
"Stop!" I heard Jivide shout. "Cecil stop your Squritle, you'll kill him!"
Kill him? My heartbeat came to a dead stop. "Stop Muu! Stop the bubbles!"
Muu obeyed and ceased bubbling the Pidgey. Jivide rushed forward and cradeled the Pidgey in his arms. Only then did I see how hurt the bird was. Many of it's feathers were torn off and it was covered in blood. What's more, there were bubble shaped cuts all across its body, interlacing from head to tail.
"Look what you almost did!" Jivide snarled pointing to his Pidgey. "You almost killed him! Hold on Admiral, I'll take you to the Pokemon Center." Jivide turned on me eyes ablaze. "Forget about the battle looser, I forfeit." Without another word Jivide burst through the grass and left Muu and I alone.
Shit. Shit shit shit. I began to beat me head. I nearly killed that Pidgey. What is wrong with me? I only wanted to travel with Jivide. I didn't mean to harm anyone... and now I have killed a Pokemon and made Jivide hate me. This is the worst day of my life.
My thoughts were interrupted by Muu nuzzling up against my leg. He looked up at me cutely trying to comfort me. 
And I cried. I couldn't think of anything else to do so I cried.  Cried like a little baby, lost in the world and frusterated about how little I understood. 

March 4, 2011 at 12:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Sorry I was so late to get to reading this.

But this is pretty awesome.  I particularly like the last paragraph of the last chapter, but it was all really good.

--

March 4, 2011 at 8:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator

This is awesome CJ.

Love the font changing, because it seems to add more to the story.

--
March 10, 2011 at 4:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Glad you guys like it! However I am putting this story on Hiatus until I am dog tired of White. I just have no desire to play an old game with this new one right in front of me.

--

Ask me about my waifus

March 10, 2011 at 8:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

same for my story, but i'm looking forward to the return of yours for sure!

--

The destructor has gone

March 10, 2011 at 8:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

WHY DOES POKEMON SAP EVERY ENJOYMENT OUT OF LIFE AWAY FROM ME!

Granted, it provides a decent one itself.

--

March 11, 2011 at 1:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

(Fun RBY Factoid, Bug used to be Super-Effective to Poison. Explain that!) 
I have changed Jivide's Blue to something I hope is easier to read next to Cecil Red.

I raced as fast as my legs would carry me to the Pokemon Center, almost as if I was flying. I didn't even stop as I entered the building, nearly slamming into the glass automatic doors because they wouldn't open fast enough. 
"Is something...?" a nurse started to ask but I cut her off.
"Please, please help my Pidgey!" I said thrusting him into her hands slinging blood and feathers across the counter.
Which is where she left me and took Admiral into the back. There on the blood and feather speckled counter I collapsed exhausted.

I had moved myself to the couches by the time the Nurse appeared again. She walked out of the back-room with a slight scowl on her face, which made my heart sink.
"How is Admiral?" I asked.
"Your Pidgey is fine dear, at least to the extent of our medical facilities." she said slowly, still scowling.
"Then why is your face all screwed up like that?" I stated, my worry becoming annoyance.
"Well although we were able to stablize him he has sustaned some irreversable trauma, specifically in his beak." 
My eyes grew wider. "Where is he? Can I see him?"
She nodded and motioned me to follow her.
I followed the Nurse to the back-room and found Admiral in the first table. Bandages covered his entire body, most of them the color of dried blood. His face had been wrapped up particularly tight all about his eyes and break so that he couldn't even see. Despite his lack of sight, Admiral still turned to me as I entered and let out a plaintive coo.
"He is stable now, and you can take him. But I would advise keeping him in his Pokeball for a couple more days. Definatley no more battling for a while." said the nurse gathering something from a nearby desk. She picked up more bandages and handed them to me. "Change his bandages tomorrow with these. And if...." she trailed off rummaging in a bag. "And if he is in too much pain give him these." she said handing me a vial of pills. "No more than 2 an hour."
'Thank you." I said picking up Admiral gingerly. Now that the fear of loosing my friend was gone I was feeling the need to get out of the Center and get on with my travel.
"We hope to see you soon." She called out as I left.
Wait... she hopes to see me soon? I quickly dismissed her wording as accidental and began to focus me attention on Admiral. 
"How are you Admiral?" I asked walking down the Viridan Road to Route 2.
Admiral forced a chirp like I often forced a smile, only to make things smooth so I could get away faster.
"I'll return you to your ball then. You can rest there." I said, getting the hint.
The rest of the way down the Route I couldn't help but think about the battle with Cecil.
How is Cecil so good of a trainer as to inspire so much power from his Squirtle? I has barely had that Pokemon and look how it almost killed Admiral! I am going to have to make sure my Pokemon are better trained if we battle again, I can't let him overpower us like that, espeically if what almost happened happens....
My thoughts got broken by the Viridian Forest suddenly looming ahead, dark an Ominous. 
Suprising even myself, I broke out into a smile. 
"Cecil is going to have a field day getting through this. Let's go Buddy!" I shouted releasing my Bulbasaur. I looked back over my shoulder once to see if he was following and saw his bright red eyes looking eagerly back at me, and then entered the darkened forest.

"Tackle Buddy!" I shouted. Buddy backed onto his haunches and then launched himself full force at the Weedle.
The Weedle barely had time to react as Buddy crashed into it sending it sprawling. I quickly threw a Pokeball at the stunned Weedle encapsulating it in a red Pokeball. The Weedle barely wiggled fought before admitting to being caught.
I gave Buddy a "good-going" smirk before returning him to the ball. I strolled over and picked up the Weedle. 
"Come on out Sniper." I said releasing the Weedle. 
The Weedle appeared completely unshaken despite her ordeals just seconds ago. Sniper looked up at me with a huge grin, and I'll admit it melted my heart just a tad.
"Alright you goofball." I said to the grinning Weedle, hunching down at her level. "How about some training?" So that you don't suffer like Admiral is now...
Sniper beamed even more back at me as a "Yes".
I couldn't help it, I smirked back at her. "Alright then, let's go." I said, spying a Bugcatcher nearby who looked to foolhardy to present much of a challenge. 
For the next couple of hours Sniper and I battled the Bugcatchers scattered throughout the forest. After each battle she would level up and then Grin at me, lighting up the dark forest. 
We reached the last stretch of the Viridian Forest, all that was left between us and Pewter city was one more Bugcatcher. 
"Hey Prick, turn around and let's battle!" I shouted to him eager to beat his Pokemon just like all the others.
The boy who turned around didn't LOOK much different than the other Bugcatchers in the area, but something about him made me uneasy. It might have been the way his glasses sat too close to his face, or the deadpan stare he wore. Maybe it was how he clutched his net like a Samurai clutched his weapon before making a kill. 
"A Pokemon battle huh?" He said in a monotone that sent a chill down my back. 
"I'm down for that, after all... What is the hurry?"
Without missing a beat he through down his Pokeball revealing a Weedle that looked like the most sinister thing in the whole forest.
Sniper, oblivious to the evil in the Weedle, stepped in front of me to fight, smiling ear to ear warmly.
"Go, Poison Sting." growled the Bugcatcher to his Weedle. Without a moment's pause and with Pin-point accuracy the Weedle launched itself at Sniper resulting in a direct hit.
Sniper took the hit well, but I could tell it hurt.
"String Shot Sniper! Try and slow that Weedle down!" I shouted. 
Sniper nodded and flung forth a slew of Stringy web. Amazingly the Weedle dodged it all.
The Bugcatcher smiled an evil little smile "Poision Sting again Weedle!"
The Weedle reared up and drove it's stinger into Sniper again. Although the stings weren't rupturing her skin, they left horrbible bruises behind. Sniper cried out in pain.
It was then I glimpsed something change. I can't be sure it wasn't a trick of the light, for Sniper was facing away from me, but I thought I saw her smile, her grinning face, slowly but surely turn upside-down into a frown full of uptmost malice.
But then it was gone as Sniper Sprayed forth more string, this time entraping the enemy Weedle.
Did she just...? I began to muse, until it happened again.
There Sniper was, arched over the enemy Weedle like a Fearow about to eat a Caterpie. Her eyes burned with some sort of unearthly fire. Once again this was all for but a split second, for immeadealy after Sniper dug her Stinger straight down into the enemy Weedle's head. Right. Between. The. Eyes.

The Weedle sat there unnmoving for several seconds before falling over.
"Wha?" gasped the Bugcatcher, his monotone finally breaking with just a hint of tension.
Sniper turned around to look at me and Grinned the biggest grin I had seen her with yet.
Then something fantastical began to happen.
Sniper began to glow.
She glowed with the might of the sun, and I put my hands out to help sheild my eyes. For a couple of seconds she kept glowing, and then began to dim. When my eyes finally adjusted back to the Darkness of the Forest I saw not a Weedle standing front of me, happily grinning over it's latest defeat, but a brand new Kakuna, all sleek and covered in Chitin. 
"Sniper?" I asked, not sure if that really was her or not.
The Kakuna nodded, and then Smiled.

March 30, 2011 at 9:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

huh... i didn't think Kakunas COULD smile.

--

The destructor has gone

March 30, 2011 at 11:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

This is intense. I don't even know what to say o.O

Everything is so.. graphic. I will never be able to look a Nuzlocke the same way again.

--

April 1, 2011 at 3:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

i agree, i can tell you put a lot of effort into each of these updates, and all are very well written. you are a good writer, despite what you've said of yourself in the past (you're at least as good as me, and i think i'm pretty good, anyway).

Diddy brought up a good point about the descriptiveness. i'd again like to draw a comparison to my own writings here about the raw reality Nuzlocke brings to the game. i focus more on describing the emotional/psychological hell that it imposes, whereas you seem to have the physical brutality mastered.

at any rate, keep on going! this is great.

--

The destructor has gone

April 1, 2011 at 5:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

222 views - 0 comments
216 views - 1 comment
280 views - 4 comments
242 views - 0 comments