Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Pokemon > aPokelypse Now!

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

i've been spoiling you guys lately with some pretty lengthy chapters; this one was more in line with what i was writing pre-chapter 11 or so. i realize there wasn't much actual story content here, but the event that did occur was pretty epic, i thought, so i wanted to end the chapter there.

--

The destructor has gone

March 4, 2011 at 8:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Oh, yeah, don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed it, I was just being honest with my opinion.

--

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas."

March 4, 2011 at 8:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

cool, i was just explaining why that may be.

--

The destructor has gone

March 4, 2011 at 8:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

I think it is going great! 

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

March 4, 2011 at 11:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Whatever happened to this?

--

March 10, 2011 at 8:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Mitsuo-Dexl at March 10, 2011 at 8:06 PM

Whatever happened to this?

Black Version.

--

The destructor has gone

March 10, 2011 at 8:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Well, damn.  I knew them blacks were up to no good.  Stealin' away good knights from the White.

Also, censorship makes me claim that this was a joke.  I mean none of it.

Yeah.

--

March 11, 2011 at 1:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

as a consolation, i did draw another Hideki/Harmony sketch and posted it on my facebook. does that make you feel any better?

--

The destructor has gone

March 11, 2011 at 2:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

A little.

--

March 11, 2011 at 2:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

just posted another sketch i drew in psych class today, this one of Vi and Hideki.

--

The destructor has gone

March 11, 2011 at 4:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator

updaaaate!! pwease?

--
March 15, 2011 at 8:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vesicant Lemur

Just marathoned this whole thread in an hour. I was not disappointed. Good work man.

On a completely unrelated note, I apologize for my ~2 month absence. All I have to say for myself is: Minecraft is one helluva drug.

--

Life is Absurd. Chill out. Don't give a fuck.

March 21, 2011 at 12:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

I have heard that. 

--

Ask me about my waifus

March 21, 2011 at 12:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

LEMUR!

i missed you, man.

i'll have the next chapter posted very very soon. in the meantime, we've um... pretty much been taken over by pokemon since you last were active. Del has a really neat RP-type thing you might be interested in looking at. and of course, you're encouraged to start your own thread of whatever is relevant to your interests. as the only other hippie/revolutionary on the site, i'd be interested to see what kind of debates you can spark.

--

The destructor has gone

March 21, 2011 at 12:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Chapter 15

"Hideki, that was... amazing," said a stunned Harmony. Hideki rarely battled anymore, and even more rarely did he use his favorite Pokemon; Harmony hadn't seen Helena in action since she'd first seen Hideki battle for his Kanto championship on TV, nearly three years ago.

"Heh..." Hideki said with a smirk, "Withdraw all your Pokes as you walk around the body, guys. No risks."

"Yo, what the hell, man?" said a voice from afar, and not belonging to any member of the group.

Hideki turned his head to find the source of the voice; on a hill above the Fuchsia City gate there now stood two figures. The first, the one Hideki presumed had spoken to him, was moderately small in stature but seemed to carry an air of great confidence. He wore a sleek blue track suit with what appeared to be very expensive matching shoes. Next to him stood another young man, this one with a long black overcoat and a slightly more relaxed demeanor.

"That your Snorlax?" Hideki asked flatly, "He was dead before I got to him, bro."

"Nah, that thing was wild..." explained Overcoat, "It WAS sealing off one potential entry to our hideout though..."

"Maybe next time you should think first before you start zappin' shit," said Track Suit, coldly.

"Maybe next time it won't attack me and my crew, jackass."

"Oh, you wanna start somethin'?"

Hideki scoffed before walking back to support Harmony so she could walk past the Snorlax's body without the Dragonite's assistance.

"Damn, that's a hot piece of ass you got there, though," Track Suit remarked. This comment sparked a fire inside Hideki, which he swallowed as he kept walking.

"Alls I'm sayin' is, I'd hit that."

"HAH!" Harmony exclaimed without thinking, before covering her mouth and continuing to giggle to herself. This was more of a show for Hideki than anything; in truth, the more mild-mannered Harmony was only slightly offended by the stranger's taunts.

"Woah, you better keep your bitch in line, man."

"Oh I'm about to put a bitch in her place alright," Hideki finally said as he turned his head and reached for the golden Pokeball on his belt. Harmony gripped his wrist firmly and shook her head. "Let it go, Hideki... it's not worth it."

He looked at her sharply.

"This is about survival, remember? You can't worry about pricks like him... let it go."

Hideki paused, closed his eyes, and sighed deeply. She was right. He knew she was right. But he felt like he'd be failing her somehow if he didn't stand up for her.

As if reading his thoughts, Harmony smiled and moved her hand from his wrist up to his shoulder. "It's okay... really. I'm a big girl. I don't care what he says."

This was all he needed. Without another glance back at the two men, Hideki continued forward through the gate, serving as a crutch for Harmony, with Vi and Xerxes following close behind.

"And hey, that little blonde bitch, ain't she a little young for you, man?! Jesus!"

"Jivide... they've been gone for awhile now. I think you can stop yelling at them..."

"Man, fuck you, Diddy, I'm just havin' some fun. Can I do that? Can a nigga have a little fun around here, Diddy? God, you're such a buzzkill."

Jivide kept mumbling something as he walked off back to the Gym where the two had taken refuge. Diddy looked out at the southern horizon for a few seconds before pulling a ball from his belt.

Almost every building in Fuchsia City was destroyed, except for the gym. The town was littered with corpses of what Hideki recognized as Pokemon from the nearby Safari Zone; but these corpses were mutilated in strange ways. Limbs, and in some cases, heads, had been severed neatly. A few had their chest cavities cut open in the classic "Y" cut. It was as if someone had dissected these Pokemon. A large wall of fire blocked the gateways to the east and the Safari Zone to the north; someone had gone to great lengths to secure this area.

They stopped by the Pokemon Center in desperation. Xerxes had suggested it would be prudent to look, just on the off chance the machine was still operational and Birdo and Big Bird's wings could be repaired. But, as expected, the machine had been demolished along with the rest of the facility. The rest of the town, for that matter.

"Everyone got a Surfer?" Hideki asked as the group reached the southern beach. "I can ride on Starwho, but he's only big enough for just me."

"I got myself covered," Xerxes said proudly, "guys, meet Nak!" Xerxes threw a ball into the tide, releasing a Feraligatr. The Pokemon splashed happily in the shallow waves, having no understanding of its surroundings or the grim circumstances they were in.

"Vi, you can't use Surf yet either, can you?" Hideki asked, making a real effort to sound as non-condescending as possible.

Vi lowered her head and shook it slightly. She was starting to feel underdressed among all the champions and ex-champions in her group. All these years of experience around her, and she'd only had her Ivysaur about a week. She started to feel like more and more of a burden.

"No need to worry," Harmony said with a smile, "Holly can take us both."

Harmony released her Lapras deep into the waves, and she, too, splashed about with delight. Harmony then realized just how long it'd been since she'd last let Holly out in water; she considered that the last time was probably a few months ago, during her Kanto gym challenge. Quite possibly when she was en route to their exact destination: Cinnabar Island.

"Hey! Hold up, guys!" a voice called from above. The four trainers looked up; it was Overcoat from before, flying towards them on the back of an Aerodactyl.

"Where are you all headed?" he asked as he landed and recalled his Pokemon.

No one responded; Vi and Harmony looked away from their visitor, Xerxes looked at him quizzically, and Hideki stared at him with an intense look of intimidation.

"Ah... right..." he said to himself, quietly. "Look, you guys, I'm sorry for what Jivide said earlier. He's... well, he's just like that, I'm afraid. But I apologize on his behalf." He looked at Harmony. "To you, especially, miss."

"That what you followed us for?" Hideki asked, "To apologize?"

"Um... yeah, basically. And, you know, see what kind of shape you're all in. I figure, given the times, I mean, I'm surprised to find any survivors left. It's only right to help you guys if I can." He approached Hideki and extended his hand. "People call me Diddy. No, it's not my real name. I just like it."

Hideki looked at Diddy for a long and uncomfortable period of time. He couldn't sense any deception in him, nor could he come up with any motive to try and trap them. Best he could tell, his politeness was genuine. Having finally passed his mental test, Hideki accepted his hand.

"I'm Hideki. This is Harmony, Xerxes, and the little one's Vi."

"Hideki... Harmony... hold on..." Diddy said to himself as he shifted his glance back and forth between the two. "Yeah! You're the Indigo League Champ, aren't you?" he said, looking at Harmony.

"That's right," she smiled. "And you probably know Hideki for holding the same title. A few years ago, but still."

"Yeah, I remember you! Aw, you were freakin' great, man! What happened to you?" Diddy regretted his words as soon as he had said them. "Sorry, I, um... didn't mean for that to come out like-"

Hideki laughed quietly. "It's cool. You're right, I kind of... dropped off the face of the earth. Let's call it a semi-retirement."

This response answered none of his questions, but Diddy politely accepted the answer without further prodding.

Xerxes coughed subtly in the background.

"Oh! You should know Xerxes too. He was the Indigo Champion too, but this was WAY back when."

Xerxes scrunched his face slightly at the remark.

"Well damn, you guys are quite a team! Maybe I was wrong to worry about you after all."

"We're quite capable," Hideki assured him, "we'll be fine."

"Thank you for your concern though!" Harmony said happily.

"Woah, hold on a minute..." Diddy said as he noticed Harmony's bandaged leg, "That doesn't look good..."

"I-I'm fine! Really..."

"Wait," Hideki said, "I couldn't help but notice someone had done some, uh... 'work...' on some bodies in the city. You don't happen to have a doctor in your group, do you?"

"No, I'm afraid not..." Diddy said. "That guy's great at cutting them up, but I wouldn't trust him to sew you back together again..."

This strange comment sat in the air for a moment, resulting in a rather uncomfortable silence.

"Well, um..."

"We really need to get going..."

"Right. You're headed for Cinnabar, I assume? Smart move, Surfing... the skies aren't safe, but as far as we can tell, the waters should be. Just make sure you have something out that can take the occasional random bird. You never know, with this virus..."

"Solid advice," Hideki said as he got on Starwho's back. "You take care, Diddy."

"You too, guys."

March 21, 2011 at 11:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

yes, i know this only introduces two of the rivals. Del, Com, be assured that you have not been snubbed.

--

The destructor has gone

March 22, 2011 at 1:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

I guess I went in with a preconception that the Rivals were a little more antagonistic. That said this was a great update and well worth the wait due to Black and White, I am throughly pleased. o)

--

Ask me about my waifus

March 22, 2011 at 10:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

well, as Harmony pointed out, the primary issue here is survival. Jivide wanted to pick a fight because, well, he's Jivide. but he also knows above all else the importance of maintaining his stronghold (hence why he was mad Hideki killed the 'lax in the first place).

so for now, this is little more than an introduction to half of the Rivals. and you're right, there's really not much antagonism going on here, none outside of Jivide's taunts. but remember that this is only an introduction... i doubt things will stay this peaceful forever.

--

The destructor has gone

March 22, 2011 at 12:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

I REALLY enjoyed this update. Is it biased because Jivide and Diddy are hilarious? Possibly..

Either way. I'm thrilled to death that this is being updated again. This is such an epic story! GOGOGOGOGOGO

--

March 22, 2011 at 8:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

i'm glad to see you guys like my writing just as much as before. after taking such a long time off without really even thinking about it, i was slightly worried about rust.

now that the newness of Black Version has (partially) worn off, i plan to make this my primary focus again. i'm not even gonna try to raise competitive battlers in Black until i a.) get an idea of what's good in the metagame and b.) figure out how in the hell i'm gonna raise all my guys to lv.100 (AR is looking like the only option... not gonna lie). until then, i'll probably just be raising a few guys on the side for the Battle Subway and stuff.

--

The destructor has gone

March 22, 2011 at 8:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

222 views - 0 comments
216 views - 1 comment
280 views - 4 comments
242 views - 0 comments