Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Nuzlocke Runs > Cecil's HeartGold Nuzlocke Run

Cecil-Jacobs

I figure since Nick is doing it I will go ahead and transfer all the notes I have on my almost complete Nuzlocke run. So if anything this will be an (hopefully) entertaining short story of my run. (If already the idea of reading my adventure sound unappealing know that I took many liberties when making the script so it won't be alike to the game.)

Firstly the Rules:

1: If it faints it dies (and is subsequently put into a box named dead)

2:I can only catch the first Pokemon per area. (Sometimes I have seen this modified so that you have to catch the first poke per area but only if you don't have one in your party or box. Those people are weenies.) I can only get one Pokemon from the Safari Zone, however, I can observe a different Poke per area and pick the one I want from them. I can trade to evolve my pokes.

3: Everyone gets a Nickname, a thoughtful nickname. I love them like they are my family and if one was to die I would cry for years straight.

4: I can use any items I pick up along the journey but the only thing I can buy from a Mart are Pokeballs. I can trade in Coins for items and Pokes, they don't count as buying.

Okay, Short Story is a go!

November 13, 2010 at 10:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Cecil had been sitting at the computer for hours now with no end in sight. His summer vacation had just started 2 hours ago and yet already he knew it was going to crawl by like an overweight Hutt. 

"Man I am bored!" he exclaimed as he closed his Lamebook page. He sat there staring at a blank screen wishing he hadn't have said that. Admitting to boredom and experiencing it were two separate things, and now that he had invoked the name of the beast he knew it would smother him slowly until he suffocated and died under its oppressive weight. Slowly he looked around as a feeble attempt to try and push Boredom away from his side of reality and back into the realm frequented by office workers and couples married for 25 years or more. He saw his DS sitting alone near his computer and he reached out to his old friend. Long ago his DS was his best friend and even to this day they frequently talked but it was always strained and short. Cecil put the DS down in front of him and pulled Lamebook back up again. He had nearly resolved to boredom when the strangest Lamebook add caught his attention. It was plainly labeled "The Nuzlocke Challenge: Learn what friendship truly means!' and contained a picture of a Nuzleaf with a deformed face. Still this little advertisment captured Cecil's attention and without a second thought he clicked it. For one second Cecil observed a shining golden light and a bit of text loading onto his computer screen before the power unexpectedly shut down. 

"Aww Goddammit! Just when I had found something interesting too!" Cecil fumed in his chair. In the darkness Cecil grouped around trying to find his phone to use as a makeshift flashlight. His hands passed along his DS which began to faintly glow signifying it had been turned on. "Strange" he though  "I didn't turn it on". However his quest for light brought him to open the DS despite what he did or didn't mean to do.

It was that moment right there as Cecil opened his DS to see in the darkness of his room that he felt a shiver run up his back. Cecil glanced to the screen which flickered momentarily before showing th kind face of Professor Oak. "Hello there! Welcome to the World of Pokemon..." began the Professor like always. Cecil stopped clamoring around and resolved to sit in the darkness and talk with the Old Prof.

"Are you a Boy or a Girl?" 

Rolling his eyes he clicked boy. It always astounded him that the professor couldn't see well enough to know his gender.

"What is your name?"

Cecil thought a bit more about this one before entering "Jivide" he had always liked that alias.

"Would you like a Blue Pill or Red Pill?" asked the Prof.

Absentmindedly Cecil clicked Red Pill. He stopped after that. "I don't remember that question in the game before. Has it really been this long since I..."

Cecil never got to finish his sentence. A light brighter than heaven shone out form his DS and enveloped the teen. With a  flash the light sucked the boy into the DS which absorbed the light and then feel dim itself. The dark room echoed with words from an unknown source : "Jivide are you ready? Your very own Pokemon story is about to unfold. You'll face fun times and tough challenges. A world of dreams and adventures with Pokemon awaits! Let's go! I'll be seeing you later!"

November 13, 2010 at 11:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

DUDE i love how you're doing this! i'm not creative enough to make a full-on short story, i'm just gonna do a comic of the lulzy/fail moments. but i definitely want MOAR so please keep doing this!

November 13, 2010 at 12:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

"Hello Jivide! Wake up! The Great Professor Elm wants to talk to you! Jivide get up! Hey! C'mon! Can Johto's Destiny really depend on such a lazy boy?"

In a quaint room a form moved beneath the covers of a bed. Slowly a head popped out from beneath these covers; a boy's with brown hair poking in every which way and sleepy eyes that barely begin to open.

"Huh?" said the boy. He had been so sound asleep he didn't understand the voice in the least.

"I said wake up you lazy boy! Professor Elm wants to see you!"

The boy opened his enough that you could see his blue irises. He saw the room slowly come into focus, he was in a bed and lording over him like a lion over a dead zebra was an older woman. "Mother" his brain told him. 

"Who?" he asked. Although the name seemed familiar he didn't have a face to put with it.

"Professor Elm, Jivide! You know, he's only been our next door neighbor for your entire life? The father of that Lyra girl I see you ca-noodling about with all the time? That Professor Elm."

Jivide, that is my name the boy thought. Although he was still unsure about who Professor Elm was Jivide resolved to go along with it least he face the building wrath of his "mother".

"Ah right. Sorry Mom, I was just super sleepy. I'll head out right away."

"Well good! I'm tired of him calling me constantly to see if you are coming by." Always mumbling about having "overslept". She mumbled.

Jivide clambered out of bed and looked around the room. The hairs on his back stood on end as his eyes danced around the various Poke-phernalia that it contained. All of it looked so very familiar to him but at the same time all new. His brain began to pound, a slow throbbing drumbeat. Automatically his body moved about the room as his mind tried to understand the strange yet familiar settings, people, and names. By the time he checked back into reality he was dressed. It was a causal look; a plain blue T-shirt that fit him to the seam, a stylish yellow and black leather jacket, comfortable blue jeans, and stylish but worn sneakers. He finished by donning a brown leather belt and a silver-chain necklace with a small coin he could not name on it. Jivide went downstairs.

The den of his house was plain. Two couches, a kitchenette, and a dinning table seated for four was all that furnished it. The thought invaded his mind It has been a long time since that table seated more than two people. His face scrunched up in a scowl immediately  after thinking that. Wait, how the hell did I know that? Jivide resolved not to question himself anymore until he had seen this Professor.

"What are you standing there for?" his mother yelled. "Get going!"

Jivide cringed from the harshness in his mother's voice. She's been like that ever since Dad left his mind reminded him. Too bad he didn't even know what "Dad" looked like.

Jivide opened his door and went outside. It was a bright and clear day outside. Looking around the hamlet of the town he lived in something bumped into his leg. Jivide looked down to spy a small blue creature cringing at his leg. Jivide remarked that it was incredibly round. It had round ears, rounded feet and arms, round ears, and even a round blue ball protruding from a black zig-zag line tail. It cooed and ran behind his legs. Jivide could feel it trembling.

"Hey-ya! Jivide!" he heard a voice call out. Turning Jivide found himself face-to-face with a beautiful girl. She had long brown hair that fell at her sides in gigantic pigtails that almost hit the ground. She was dressed plainly but appeared very cute and a little round, like the creature hiding behind his legs. 

"Aww! You found my Marril!" she squealed and jumped for the creature behind Jivide. The Marril wasn't quite fast enough to run away and got pulled into her chest like it was magnetized there. The girl began hugging, squeezing, and kissing the strange creature, smothering it in her affection that, after glancing at the Marril, was unwanted.

"You are such a good guy Jivide! Catching a poor girl's lost Marril for her, and I didn't even have to ask!" Jivide remarked that her voice constantly raised and lowered in pitch like the girl had trouble controlling her vocal chords. 

Although he didn't know it was her, Jivide ventured a guess. "You're welcome Lyra."

It seems that Lyra was indeed her name because she smiled, nay glowed, as he said it. 

"So what'cha up to? Going to see my dad?"

"Uh yeah. Mom was raving about going to see him."

"Aww the poor dear. She's been like that ever since your Dad left" Lyra said shaking her head in sympathy. "Well you better get going. I've got some errands I have to run, but maybe I'll see you later tonight?" Jivide was unsure why he didn't like the way she said "tonight" but dismissed it. So far this girl was the only kind person he had met today.

"Okay, sure!" he said smiling.

Lyra waved goodbye and took her Marril, still cringing, away. Jivide scanned the town trying to figure out which was the place where Professor Elm was. The big Laboratory his brain said and that is where Jivide headed.

November 13, 2010 at 5:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

i loled at the OoT reference. i loled hard.

November 13, 2010 at 5:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

"Heloooo?" Jivide poked his head into the lab. "Professor Elm?" said cautiously as he entered and shut the door behind him. The Lab was seemingly empty so Jivide moved in further. Towards the back of the lab Jivide found a rather young man sound asleep at the desk, surrounded by books and tools. 

"Um, professor?" 

With a start the man woke up and began raving "Ah! What time is it? 3'oclock?! And 52 minuets! Is it daylight savings time?!?"

"Professor Elm?" Jivide said again, this time apprehensively.

Wha-? Oh! Hi Jivide!" Professor Elm composed himself and looked smiled at Jivide, an off-putting toothy smile that both reassured and disturbed Jivide.

"Sorry about that! Seems I fell asleep working again. Anyway I was hoping you would do me a favor?" 

"Sure Professor, I guess I can help." 

"Ah that is a good boy! You see a friend of mine, we'll call him Mr. Pokemon, says he has...uh found something I might find interesting. I am so busy here with my work I was hoping you could go get it for me? I'll lend you one of these Pokemon here." he said nervously gesturing to a set of three Red and white orbs .Pokeballs his mind said.

"Sure Professor, do you know what it is?" Jivide said curious.

"What? I um..." Jivide noticed the professor had began to sweat and stutter " It's probably another Pokemon Egg, yes that must be what it is!"

Unsure what that really was Jivide decided he would help out the Professor. The more he moved around the more sense the world was beginning to make. "Sure Professor, I'll get that Egg."

"Great! Mr. Pokemon lives just past Cherrygrove city. Now come over here and pick a Pokemon then!" he said gesturing to the Pokeballs.

Jivide moved over to the table that held the Pokeballs. Instinctively his hand reached out and touched a small white button in the center of the orb. A bright light shot out and materialized into another blue creature. It was scaly and frilled, with a toothy jaw and a short but powerful-looking tail. 

"Ah Totodile! That is a great Pokemon Jivide. Do you want that Pokemon?" asked Elm.

Jivide smiled. A genuine goofy smile that stretched from ear to ear as he looked upon the Totodile. Something about that little creature spoke to him and he knew that yes, he wanted that Totodile, more than anything.

"Yes, I want Totodile." he said looking lovingly at the Totodile. Jivide tenderly reached down and picked it up to bring it closer to his face. The Totodile smiled back at him and nuzzled against his hands upon being picked up.

"Would you like to nickname her?' Elm asked.

Suddenly Jivide's world melted away from him and he saw a Giant Dragon made of only blood materialize and fly off from him. The world then re-focused again and he was holding his Totodile. Without skipping a beat one word escaped his lips "Leliana" 

The Totodile let out a purr to let Jivide know she liked her name. 

Professor Elm smiled at the new friends. "Alright Jivide, so off to Cherrygrove?"

Jivide nodded and set Leliana down. He looked back only once as he left the Lab, just to make sure Leliana was keeping up. if adventure was a feeling, Jivide felt it right then.

Very faintly Professor Elm could be heard calling someone. "Yeah Mr. Pokemon? I told him you were giving him a Pokemon Egg... Yes I still want that too... Just put it in a satchel or something... okay good... Yes I'll see you this weekend to pay you. Alright Goodbye."

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

November 13, 2010 at 5:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Jivide and Leliana trudged into Cherrygrove only slightly worse for the wear, although the same couldn't be said for the trail of battered Wild Pokemon they left behind them. Jivide had never battled Pokemon before, or so he thought, yet it felt very organic and instinctual. Although his day had started off chaotic and he still didn't have a surefire grasp on what was going on around him, Jivide felt good about the day. 

"Hey there Sonny!" an elderly voice called out. Jivide looked over and saw a rather old man waving at him. Jivide slowly approached him. "So you are a new trainer huh?"

Jivide was surprised. Did he look that green? 

"Yes I am. How did you...?" Before he had time to finish the old man took Jivide by the arm and ran.

"Follow me!" He exclaimed "I'll explain to you everything a good trainer needs to know!"

Jivide couldn't help but get pulled along by the old man, who was surprisingly strong. A Red-Roofed building whirred by, that was a PokeCenter a place to heal your hurt Pokemon. Then was a Blue-roofed store, the PokeMart where you buy all sorts of Pokemon related things. They stopped briefly at a large body of water which was explained as the ocean. Jivide was to try and remember that different Pokemon could be found in the sea.

And then it was over. Jivide was standing in front of a rather run-down house as his head spun around, threatening to fall off. 

"Thanks for running with me youngster!" The old man said showing a wide grin missing more than half of the teeth. "For keeping up with me I wanted to give you this!" The old man dug into his pockets and produced a small card chip. 

"What is that?" Jivide asked, still out of breath.

"Why it is a map card of Johto. You slide it into your Pokegear and then you can look at a map of Johto anytime! I'm never going to move again so it would be better served with an entrepreneurial  youngster like yourself!"

"Well thank you sir..." Jivide said unsure of what to do with he chip. He had no idea what a Pokegear was.Jivide left the smiling Old man behind and crept slowly through Cherrygrove suspicious of anyone else pulling him aside on another terrifying run around the town.

Jivide worked though a maze of small trees, Leliana at his side always, until he reached a small cottage that matched the description of Mr.Pokemon's house. Smoke was rising from the smokestack, it all looked very quaint.

Jivide and Leliana trotted up to the House and softly knocked on the door. A cacophony of sounds flooded out from inside before a small sliding view-hole opened up and two eyes peered out.

"Yeah who are you?"

"Uhhh" Jivide was taken aback. This wasn't how quaint cottages were portrayed. "My name is Jivide. Professor Elm sent me."

The eye's grew wider and the eyebrows raised. "Oh right right! Sorry about that come on in."

Jivide heard a deadbolt unlock and then the door opened. Inside the cottage was hazy and smelled very peculiar. Strange vase-shaped objects were littered about alongside a plehtora of candles. 

"Hold on right there Jivide, I got what you came for right here." said that man Jivide assumed to be Mr. Pokemon.

Out of smoky haze another man got up and came over to Jivide. He was elderly and wore a dull white lab coat like Professor Elm. As Jivide looked upon him he got the chilling feeling that he had seen this man around before.

"Who are you?" said the elderly man peering at Jivide through bloodshot eyes."You a new Pokemon trainer?"

"Yes, I mean sort of. I am just running errands for Professor Elm." Jivide stammered out.

"Eh? You look more than an Errand boy! You look like... "The man paused to compose himself. "Like the greatest trainer in the world!"

Jivide stepped back slowly. He was beginning to fear the adults of this world. The all seemed prone to disaster.

"Relax some Professor Oak. Go take another hit and chill." Said Mr.Pokemon who appeared next to Jivide. 

"Here kid" Mr.Pokemon said handing Jivide a basket-ball sized brown satchel. "This is the Egg I told Professor Elm about, be careful with it okay? Don't take it out just give it to him, those things are fragile."

Jivide nodded. Now that he had the thing Elm had sent him for he was intent on leaving as fast as he could.

"Okay thank you Mr.Pokemon. I'll just be leaving now." Jivide said heading towards the door.

"Wait man! Hold up kid!" called out the man Mr.Pokemon called Professor Oak. "I want to give you something."

Jivide wasn't sure about what it was about Old men and giving away their possessions, but he wasn't about to let another free item go to waste. He turned to Oak and held out his hands which received a small red book-like device.

"That there kid, is a PokeDex, a Pokemon encyclopedia. It was my proudest invention! My dream was to categorize every Pokemon in the world!" Professor Oak began to tear up. "I'm just too old now to though... but you! You are young and fit. You can do this for me right?"

Jivide quickly nodded. He wanted to be out of this place as fast as he could. He would have promised the professor that he would have jumped off a cliff if it would have let him go right then. 

Oak seemed satisfied with that. He smiled at Jivide and opened the door for him.

With a polite nod to Mr.Pokemon and Professor Oak Jivide rushed out of the cottage Leliana in tow. Back outside it was getting dark but the air was so much clearer and sweeter. Jivide breathed deeply and rejoiced in the smell of clean air. After taking a couple of minuets to compose himself Jivide took off to the Lab. He wans't but two steps into his journey when he felt his phone begin to ring.

November 13, 2010 at 8:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Jivide dug around in his pocket searching for his cellphone. He pulled out the bulky block of a phone that his mind reminded him was his birthday present 3 years ago. He slipped the cover off the block and held it to his face.

"Hello?"

Jivide heard Professor Elm's voice on the other end. "Hello Police Department?"

"Uh no, this is Jivide Professor."

"What? Oh, well Jivide something terrible just happened! One of the Pokemon from my lab was stolen! I gotta report this, come back to the lab quickly!"

With that the phone quickly clicked off and Jivide was left holding the phone to his ear wondering what had just happened. He looked down with a blank stare at Leliana who was tugging at his shorts.

"One of your friends was stolen from the Lab." he said and Leliana's face became long. "Maybe.." he mused "If we hurry we can catch them ?" Leliana's face resolved itself and she growled in agreement.  "Right then. Let's go pal!" Jivide said as they raced back off to Cherrygrove.

(Pounding head. I might do more later tonight but I doubt it)

--

Ask me about my waifus

November 14, 2010 at 8:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

damn, hope you feel better man!

November 14, 2010 at 10:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator

I tried this method. I really lied it, but it was too lengthy 

--
November 15, 2010 at 10:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Yeah I am totes regretting it. But I am no quitter. We'll have an update every day. (Not counting this)

--

Ask me about my waifus

November 16, 2010 at 6:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Jivide ran through Cherrgrove, past the house of the crazy old man, past the Red-roofed Pokecenter, and the Blue-roofed PokeMart. He ran with such conviction that he didn't even notice the Red-haired boy until he knocked him into the ground.

"Oh my! I am sorry!" he said and stopped his racing to offer a hand back up.

"Watch where you are going!" he snapped. The Red-haired boy picked himself up and dusted himself off. As he moved to his pants and scraped off the mud he looked up with scorn in his eyes. "You will pay for messing up my pants like that!"

Jivides eyes grew wide with the malice the boy said those words with. Although it seemed like such a small issue to him, he was terrified of the pain the boy's eyes communicated. 

"No please! I just need to return home!"

"NO! No whining!" screamed the boy. "You will battle me now!"

Wait Battle? Is he serious? Jivide was confused once again, although this time relieved at the same time. The boy wasn't going to beat him up, but a battle?

"O-oh kay." Jivide said unsure of what to do. Wild Pokemon were not difficult, but a real trainer? He was unsure.

Leliana growled and narrowed her eyes. With slow dedicated steps she squared off against the Red-haired boy. He smirked, a sly grin like he had a dirty little secret. 

"Ha! A Totodile huh? Figures you would have something weak and silly like that. You should be thanking me for showing you a real Pokemon!" With conviction the Red-haired boy threw a pokeball which exploded in a bright white light and revealed a Green Pokemon. It was small and shaped like the letter h with a green leaf on it's head. It looked ridiculous. 

"Alright Chikorita!" he called. "Let's teach them a lesson!" 

November 17, 2010 at 12:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Cecil, i demand more.  Also, you may have convinced me to pick up my copy of Heartgold again..

November 17, 2010 at 1:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

CJ said he'd finish this, and he's got a loooong way to go. plus Ashley's doing her run now too. i'm just sad you missed mine... but i'm thinking of taking it on again in another version. soulsilver most likely, i'm also considering the original silver.

--

The destructor has gone

November 17, 2010 at 1:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

I would do a Nuzlocke challenge, but I don't know the games well enough to even think it'd be fair.

November 17, 2010 at 3:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

that's actually how it'd work, ideally... that'd make the challenge more raw, more new. i planned the shit out of my run and while it was quite successful, it was far more cold and calculated than it should have been. that's just how i am though... i could never do it the "pure" way.

but i will say that this run has given me the most enjoyment i've gotten out of pokemon since my very first playthrough of red version in 3rd grade. i recommend the challenge to ANYONE who still enjoys pokemon. 

--

The destructor has gone

November 17, 2010 at 3:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

You shall get more Mitsuo! Problem is writing is sooooo slow. I might stop describing Pokes in detail and some of the minor challenges so to skip to the good parts.

--

Ask me about my waifus

November 17, 2010 at 5:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

lol CJ i love your new signature. i have a ton of those professor oak pics in an album on here. plus plenty of other lulzy pokemon images.

--

The destructor has gone

November 17, 2010 at 5:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Deathpuddle

So...many...words....I feel like every orifice of my mind was just raped by a pineapple that held a koala in one hand and a rabbit made of nothing but tacosauce in the other.

November 17, 2010 at 8:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Deathpuddle at November 17, 2010 at 8:29 PM

So...many...words....I feel like every orifice of my mind was just raped by a pineapple that held a koala in one hand and a rabbit made of nothing but tacosauce in the other.

... there is no appropriate response to this post. says Antwan in a response to this post.

--

The destructor has gone

November 17, 2010 at 9:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

247 views - 0 comments
237 views - 1 comment
304 views - 4 comments
268 views - 0 comments