Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Nuzlocke Runs > Ice White (White 2 Nuzlocke)

Cecil-Jacobs

Hey guys! Since both X and Tam seemed interested in me doing a Nuzlocke I thought I'd try out another this time with some of the hardest AI, those of White 2.

I'll get it under way as soon as the Pokebank actually comes out and I can get all my valuable Pokes off that game.

I'll be doing this Nuz from the perspective of Jivide, the previous Platinum Champion whom famously defeated Cynthia with only his Mamoswine left living. As such I'm going to modify my game slightly for continuity's sake. When I start my White2 I'll be using a Swinub as my starter, a child of Neolithic, instead of the presented starters.

In other news I'm working on Art too so expect that sometime as well.

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

December 27, 2013 at 5:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

I am looking forward to this. And I like that you're doing an alternate starter. Should make things interesting.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

December 27, 2013 at 7:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

You know, changing up the starter Pokemon is probably the coolest idea I've seen in awhile. Since you're doing that *and* a Nuzlocke, I'd say this will be an incredible story to follow!

--

December 31, 2013 at 4:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

Oooh, very much looking forward to this! And I'm so in agreement, changing up the starter to match the character is a very neat touch!

--

January 2, 2014 at 4:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Prologue is coming but PokeBank is being delayed into the far future. If it doesn't come back online soon I may take a day and trade all the Pokemon on my White 2 over to my White just so i can get started.

--

Ask me about my waifus

January 6, 2014 at 8:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

I am Jivide, Champion of the Sinnoh league. After a brutal battle, which cost the lives of eleven Pokemon and the previous champion, I rose to the top and was now the best of the best. It is an empty title made all the more hollow by the loss of my Pokemon and the champion, both my loves all snuffed out in a fit of brutality. My brutality.

“Jivide, after reviewing your case, we the jury of the Sinnoh Expanse find you Not Guilty of Aggravated Battery against the former Champion of the Sinnoh League, Cynthia. We have determined it a horrific accident, nothing more.”

This is me, three days after being crowned Champion. I had barely stepped through the door when my mother handed me the subpoena requesting my attendance at the Department of Criminal Justice for the Sinnoh Expanse.

Their verdict brought me no joy however. I knew I wasn’t innocent. My memory of our battle was still mostly a haze but I still remembered some part with crystal clarity. A pulsating mass of energy fired from Lucario’s fists against my Giratina, my hands at her throat, a megalithic wave of water sweeping away my Raichu, my hands at her throat, a jet of air cutting my Infernape in two, my hands at her throat…

My lawyer slapped me on my back, no doubt expecting me to be pleased with his performance that resulted in my not-guilty verdict.

“Congratulations Jivide, you’re a free man.” He said with a grin.

I didn’t feel free.

“Will you be alright Jivide? We need to get going if we are going to get lunch before hitting the second trial with the SCPTA.”

They said it was a true miracle when medical teams arrived at the champion’s hall and found the broken body of the former champion and eleven dead Pokemon. A true miracle that Cynthia was even breathing still, that she was not dead. No one has ever survived a berserk Garchomp’s rampage, no one. Yet Cynthia did, or at least she is currently. A coma is no way to live.

“You would like lunch wouldn’t you?” My lawyer asked.

“Oh! We could go to that new vegetarian place. They’re fast and affordable, we’ll have plenty of time before the SCPTA.”

“No thanks.” I said. They were the first words I had uttered since heading into the courtroom.

“I’ll see you at the trial.” I added as I rose from my seat and left the room.

Remorse makes for a hearty meal.

----

The SCPTA a.k.a. The Supreme Court of Pokemon and Trainer Affairs, was housed in a faux marble building just two blocks from the Department of Criminal Justice of the Sinnoh Expanse. The SCPTA building was much smaller than the DCJSE’s. It consisted of primarily office buildings where paper-pushers scribbled away at minor citations directed at the lowliest of trainers. Only once had I ever received a fine from the SCPTA and it was for over-leveling before the fight with Fantina.

It occurred to me as I stepped through the flaking arched doorway that I wasn’t sure what the charges leveled against me were for. The SCPTA only has one courtroom because there are few instances where trainer behavior is so egregious that it qualifies for a court to be held.

My lawyer met me in the hallway.

“Are you ready?” he asked.

I nodded and together we walked inside with him leading the way.

After getting situated in the courtroom, although one could barely call it a room at all how small it was. There was only just enough space for my lawyer and I to sit side-by-side without blocking the entrance and I counted only six chairs behind us for observers. In the center of the room was a monolithic black podium and behind it was seated a black-robed figure wearing a white-powder wig. This primeval setup gave me the chills.

The judge glared at me over the podium.

“Jivide” he said in a voice that sounded like two pieces of sandpaper rubbing together “Jivide, we here at the SCPTA rarely hold court. Yet… in all my forty years of service, never have I read a case more needing of holding a court than yours.” Upon saying “yours” he threw down a stack of papers onto the podium with a crack like a hammer strike.

“Jivide, I will be frank with you, there is not much to this hearing except your attendance. I’ve had my mind made up about the verdict since I first read the report.”

I swallowed hard unsure what he was going to say next. Why was my lawyer keeping so silent?

“Jivide, I find you unfit to be a trainer of Pokemon as evidenced by the horrific events that took place on your Championship match. Eleven Pokemon dead and the former Champion put into a coma? You couldn’t have handled the situation any worse.”

My eyes began to fuzz as adrenaline flushed my system, a fear response. Yet I stayed silent and stuck to my seat.

“As such, you are hereby stripped of your title as Sinnoh Champion. Also, so as to prevent this kind of tragedy from happening again, I hereby find you guilty of First Degree Voluntary Pokemon Endangerment. You may never train Pokemon professionally again, instead you may only own Pokemon for medical or professional reasons unrelated to training. Also, as further discouragement for your recklessness, your Mamoswine is to be removed from your custody.”

The Judge looked me dead in the eyes for his final sentences.

“In my eyes Jivide, you are no trainer, you are a monster. You do not deserve Pokémon, and they certainly don’t deserve you.”

I said goodbye to Neolithic for good the next day. He was my one surviving Pokemon from the battle with Cynthia. My mother had arranged for him to be sent to a Ranch out near Celestic town where she assured me that he would have ample room to graze and be happy. My throat was tense and choked as I watched him walk away with the new handler. I wish I would have cried, but I didn’t. I held it all in like a fool.

---

After that I didn’t do much for an entire year. My mother, growing concerned, sent a letter to my father in Unova and it was decided without me that I was to move to Aspertia to live with him.

“I just thought getting out would help you dear.” She told me slapping close my suitcase.

I said nothing. I hadn’t said much at all since losing track of Neolithic’s silhouette in the distance.

---

Life with my father wasn’t so bad. He didn’t allow me to mope around the house like Mom had. Instead he forced me to go back to school and spend any free time I might have had caring for a little garden he had outside the house. All in all, things were a little better. Asperita was a cheery and bustling town compared to Littleroot. I even made a friend, a boy named Hugh. He was passionate about Pokemon and I actually enjoyed listening to him talk about them. I still wasn’t allowed around trainers, but thankfully Hugh was only a breeder and that didn’t violate my parole. He was especially proud of a young Tepig that he had bred. He’d bring it around sometimes when I was out in the garden. Seeing it roll around in the dirt reminded me of my first Pokemon Theodore the Chimchar. I was so full of anger then and with nowhere to direct it I threw that energy into Pokemon battles. I was too harsh on Theodore, but he loved me anyway. Pokemon are just special like that.

---

“Hey Jivide!” Hugh said walking up to the wooden fence around Dad’s garden.

“Hey Hugh.” I said meekly.

“Listen man, I heard it was your birthday next week yeah?” he asked. There was a tone of playfulness there, like he was hiding something for me.

I was surprised as well that he even knew. I had still kept mostly silent since arriving at Asperita, it was Hugh who did all the talking in our relationship. I had never mentioned my birthday to him.

“Y..yeah? How did you know?”

Hugh winked at me. “I’ve been talking with your mom actually. I got you a present. It arrived early so I’m giving it to you now.”

I looked back at him quizzically.

“Ha! I thought you’d give me that face Jivide!” He said with a laugh. “Come meet me at the Asperita lookout after you finish your chores okay? I’ll give it to you then. Also, is your Pop in? I got something to say to him.”

“Okay Hugh, yeah he is in. I’ll see you soon.”

Hugh answered with a wave and went inside my house, although what he was saying to my father was a mystery to me. He’d never asked for my father before.

With my mind occupied with this mysterious gift of Hugh’s my work in the garden went a little slower than normal and by the time I was done the sun was beginning to set. I stepped inside to pull on a jacket and then headed out to the Asperita Lookout.

“There ya are Jivide!” Hugh said waving me over.

“You ready buddy for this present?” he asked taking off his backpack and unzipping it.

Inside the backpack was a lone white egg about the size of a basketball. I stared at it pulled between excitement and dread. Was Hugh trying to give me a Pokemon?

“Hugh… you know I can’t own a Pokemon right?” I said my eyes not leaving the egg.

“Correction!” Hugh said pulling the egg out of his bag. “You can’t be a Pokemon Trainer. Your mom sent me the verdict. You can, however, own Pokemon for Medical reasons.” His grin was from ear to ear so proud was he that he’d found a loophole in the law.

“Aaaand that’s exactly what this guy is! You know how it is in Unova, medical licenses are very easy to get. So really your gift is twofold.” He dug around inside his pockets and produced a small piece of paper and extended both the egg and paper to me.

I gingerly took the paper first and read it.

I gasped aloud. It was my picture and everything. I was legally allowed a Pokemon!

“How?” I murmured.

“Turns out you easily qualify for Depression under Unova law. So go on, take the egg. It’s yours.”

I gingerly took the Pokemon egg with my other hand. It was still warm and I could hear small grunts coming from inside.

“Wow Hugh, thank you so much.” I said through watery eyes.

“Aww shucks dude, all I did was listen to you. You miss Pokemon a lot I can tell. I don’t think you are a negligent trainer like the court order says. And you’ve grown now, you aren’t the hot-headed teen you were before!”

“Which brings me to my final gift, although I dunno if that is quite the right word for it.”

Hugh gestured behind me and it was then I noticed that someone was rising up the steps towards us. She was blonde girl, with large red glasses and an immense green hat on.

“Bianca! Your timing is impeccable!” Hugh said with a grin.

“Oh was it?” Bianca said with a sing-song-like giggle.

“What is all this Hugh?” I asked.

“We got jobs Jivide.” Hugh said flashing me a peace sign and a grin.

“That’s right! I came here personally from Professor Juniper, the reigning head of Pokemon Academia in Unova, to deliver you these!” Bianca said hefting out two red books from her bag.

“TA-Dah! PokeDexes! Juniper wants you to catalogue all the Pokemon in Unova, want to do it?” Bianca said with a grin.

I clutched the egg tight to my chest.

“I can’t train Pokemon though.”

“You aren’t” Hugh said. “Well not technically. Maybe you have to travel to some dangerous places so your Pokemon protect you and level up doing so, maaaybe not. All part of the job. It isn’t professional Pokemon training, not really”

I felt overwhelmed with excitement. My friend and mother had really found a way to let Pokemon back into my life!

From the egg at my chest I heard a grunt. I looked down to see a small pink nose poking from a crack in the eggshell. The nose pushed forward and bumped gingerly into my chest revealing a familiar brown pelt that was attached to it.

Hugh looked at the newly hatched Swinub that was now resting in my arms and said with a grin “Neolithic sends his regards too!”

--

Ask me about my waifus

February 10, 2014 at 6:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

This is awesome. I read your Platinum run after the fact, and it's interesting seeing a protagonist lose everything, especially someone as hot-headed as Jivide. More please.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

February 10, 2014 at 9:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I understand why you said you were doubting your writing skills earlier, I felt the exact same thing after my hiatus. After reading this, the difference is clear to me. This is different than anything I remember reading from you before; you've grown and matured along with Jivide. I know it feels different, but trust me, this is even better than your old work from a technical standpoint. And once you adjust and reconcile your old writing habits with your new voice, that will read even better than this.

As for Jivide himself, this is a far more radical swing than anything I'd even ever attempted with Hideki. I'm looking forward to seeing more. Nicely done, man.

--

The destructor has gone

February 11, 2014 at 12:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

So awesome. I love how you set up Jivide's character for this run and even made it to where the story doesn't necessarily revolve around the Pokemon Master archetype. Looking forward to this!

--

February 11, 2014 at 11:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

Oh man, this is great! Really interesting and unique start, too! And I agree with Nick, the writing is very well done as well. Can't wait to see how this goes!

--

February 16, 2014 at 5:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Firstly, thank you all for your kind words! I'm very pleased this prologue got the reception it did. It makes me want to keep making more.

So secondly, it just occured to me that I was waiting for your guys to answer a question I had yet to ask haha. Sorry about that!

What I should have posted a long time ago was that: I accidentally didn't give a nickname to the Swinub when I hatched her so she'll have to be renamed later. Does anyone have a good nickname for her? Expect a new chapter this week sometime, thanks!

(Also if any of you want to get me that male Corsola with Stealth Rocks that would be awesome. And if anyone is down for it I'd love to have some Pokemon Battles in 6th gen too)

--

Ask me about my waifus

February 24, 2014 at 8:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

>Shiva

We seriously do need to get our 6th Gen battling in gear, yeah. I'll look into the Corsola thing for you, but you don't necessarily need BW2 to do it. You can teach one SR via TM76 in Heartgold/Soulsilver, then transfer to 5th and from there to 6th.

--

The destructor has gone

February 24, 2014 at 4:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Oh yeah. I forgot about HG having SR. Well nevermind dude, I can do that myself. I feel so silly forgetting haha.

--

Ask me about my waifus

February 24, 2014 at 8:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Yep, 4th Gen. The good old days, back when the most important move in the game was a TM and almost everything could learn it.

--

The destructor has gone

February 24, 2014 at 10:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

180 views - 0 comments
175 views - 1 comment
237 views - 4 comments
200 views - 0 comments