Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Nuzlocke Runs > X's Y Nuzlocke

Xelakian

I've awoken, after what feels like years of unrestful nights. The ceiling above me is unfamiliar. I can't recall where I laid down at. I can't even recall what I look like.

I can't recall who I am.

Why?

>Insert Gender

>Insert Appearance

>Insert Name

-or-

Pick one:

>Xerxes

>Adam

>Ikuno

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

December 7, 2013 at 11:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

When I first added your 3DS code, I couldn't understand why you had Y instead of X. Seeing this title, I am okay with your decision.

(Sure you don't want to trade me your favorites for safe-keeping? I could do it like, now. Think of the look on your poor Mawile's face as she realizes she's plunging toward nonexistence!)

Right then. On to the contributing.

>Xerxes. You've been here before, remember? Or do you...

--

The destructor has gone

December 7, 2013 at 11:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

Ohhh, this looks exciting!

>Xerxes

--

December 13, 2013 at 4:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

My vision blurs as I stand up. Yes, this is all too familiar. As I walk to the mirror, I begin to remember.

I stood on Spear Pillar, having chased down Nate and Team Galactic to the summit of Mt. Coronet. Cyrus used the Red Chains to bind Dialga and Palkia, intending to create a new world. As they were summoned, I could feel the very fabric of reality warp and begin to be torn asunder. It is impossible to describe. As these crimson-eyed monstrosities appeared out of the nothingness, I knew that something had to be done. I sent out my Pokemon, in a desperate attempt to kill the titans, or at the very least to stop Cyrus from using them, when a shadowy form emerged from the ground, it's blood red eyes staring down the head of Team Galactic. Cyrus prepared to fight the beast, only for the shadow to engulf him, along with the Adamant Orb. Dialga vanished, leaving only Palkia, Nate, Cynthia, myself and a slowly expanding, forboding portal. Cynthia jumped in, determined to stop the spread of the distortion. Nate grabbed the Lustrous Orb and challenged Palkia. I found myself torn between following Cynthia and saving this world, or stopping Nate from creating a new one. I knew one thing though: Dialga controls time. If I was going to put an end to this endless cycle, I had to do something. I leaped into the portal to seek control over my own fate, and leaving the world's to Nate.

After that, I remember little. Eyes piercing my soul from the abyss I had willingly entered. Blood on the rocks of this void where the laws of nature didn't exist. Shadows of a winged serpent that was invisible to the naked eye. And a poem that I never saw but embedded itself in my mind somehow.

Phoenix sinks into decay.
Haughty dragon yearns to slay.
Lyorn growls and lowers horn.
Tiassa dreams and plots are born.
Hawk looks down from lofty flight.
Dzur stalks and blends with night.
Issola strikes from courtly bow.
Tsalmoth maintains, though none knows how.
Vallista rends and then rebuilds.
Jhereg feeds on others kills.
Quiet iorich won't forget.
Sly creotha weaves its net.
Yendi coils and strikes unseen.
Orca circles hard and lean.
Frightened teckla hides in grass.
Jhegaala shifts as moments pass.
Athyra rules mind's interplay.
Phoenix rise from ashes gray.

And now, I am here.

I open the closet, putting on the only clothes in there: a white t-shirt, a pair of blue jeans, a blue jacket, a red hat and a pair of boots. I head downstairs to find a woman reading a book. She is surprised to find me awake, and explains that she found me laying in the road and took me in. I thank her and leave the house.

I definitely do not recognize this place. It's not Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh or Unova, that's for damn sure. I walk towards the front gate, careful not to wake the sleeping Rhyhorn in the yard (why does she have one?) and ask a nearby girl where we are. She tells me that we're in Vaniville Town in Kalos, and that I should follow her. As we head north, out of town, she introduces herself as Shauna, and tells me that we're going to be getting Pokemon from Professor Sycamore. We enter Aquacorde Town and sit at a table with a handful of others. Upon introducing myself to them, they take to calling me X. A pair of children, a boy and a girl, wearing white suits approach us, offering three pokemon: a frog covered in bubbles, a fox with fiery ears and a hedgehog with thorns and needles in place of quills. I find myself drawn to the last of these. As I take its Pokeball, words echo through my mind.

Tsalmoth maintains, though none knows how.

Yes, this Chespin will be named Tsalmoth.

I head north shortly thereafter, catching a Scatterbug in Avance Trail, naming the dust covered bug Morpheus, before heading into the Santalune Forest. This forest is familiar. I feel as though I've been here before, as though the Viridian Forest was transplanted directly from Kanto to Kalos. Strange. I catch a Panpour within, Kappa, and emerge from the shadows into Ouvert Way. A Fletchling flies at me, and with little difficulty I catch it, naming her Teldra. I stop by Santalune City, where I heal my new companions and take a short break.

I step outside. A chill wind blows from the north. Winter seems to be approaching. I pick up a black knit cap and explore the city a bit. A skater stops me in front of the gym, challenging me to a battle. I defeat her Zigzagoon with ease, causing Morpheus to evolve into a Spewpa. She suggests I head east towards Détourner Way to train up enough to defeat Viola, the gym leader in this city. Within this dead end, I find a Litleo, naming her Tazendra, and train my party into a fearsome team.

I enter the gym, which appears more like an art gallery. Pictures of bug Pokemon cover the walls, and in the very center is a fireman's pole leading to darkness below. With no other options available to me, I take it.

The pole ends twenty or so feet above a massive web, made of some material that I can only guess at. Beneath the web is a river rushing towards a waterfall in the distance, water splashing up onto this...trap. That's the best phrase for this place, I think, is a trap. I carefully navigate the slick strands of spidersilk(?) until I reach a shack overlooking the waterfall. Within, I see a blonde woman, an expensive camera hanging around her neck. She knows why I'm here. We both send out our Pokemon, Tazendra and Surskit. I have Tazendra take the time to work itself up into a frenzy before finally headbutting the bug, but not before it covered the entire area with water. She sends out a Vivillon, an easy target for Tazendra's boosted Ember...or so I thought. The Surskit's Water Sport weakened Tazendra's Ember enough to barely scratch the butterfly. It counterattacks, leaving Tazendra near death. I switch out to Teldra, thinking that she should be enough to take this bug down. Vivillon uses Infestation, summoning a horde of tiny insects that start biting and stinging Teldra. Teldra uses Peck, nearly taking the bug out, but with another Infestation called forth, Teldra is barely standing. I try to call her back, switch to another member of my party, but she's panicking at this point, barely able to remain airborne with all the insects attacking her. I have her use a Quick Attack, hoping to take out the Vivillon before Infestation claims my Fletchling. Viola uses a Potion before my attack can find purchase. Teldra falls from the sky. Viola takes a picture of my face and of the dead bird. You bitch.

I send out Morpheus, hoping that his defenses will allow him to outlast her pink-winged bug. Morpheus tries using Stun Spore, only to miss and be targeted by an Infestation. Morpheus tries again, this time with a Tackle that barely hurts it. Infestation. I can't switch out. I opt to heal and defend, hoping that the Infestation wears away before I lose another one of my companions. Eventually it does, and I switch to Kappa. I've had enough of this bullshit. Her butterfly calls forth the Infestation once more, only for Kappa to leap at it, clawing at the erratically flying bug. After an airborne struggle, Kappa kicks the butterfly towards the river below, it's wings ripped, pushing it the rest of the way in with a Water Gun. I look back to Viola. She smirks.

"You're no better than I am."

She hands me the Bug Badge, and shows me the way out, laughing to herself. I restrain myself, barely.

Back at the Pokemon Center, I heal what remains of my team and return to Ouvert Way. I place Teldra's ball on top of a tall rock atop a cliff. I pin the Bug Badge within my jacket, but not before reading the engraving on the back.

Sly creotha weaves its net.

New Catches:

Tsalmoth (Chespin, female) : Overgrow, Docile, Loves to Eat

Morpheus (Scatterbug, male) : Shield Dust, Rash, Strong Willed

Kappa (Panpour, male) : Gluttony, Jolly, Capable of Taking Hits

Teldra (Fletchling, female) : Big Pecks, Modest, Likes to Run

Tazendra (Litleo, female) : Rivalry, Sassy, Likes to Run

Evolutions:

Morpheus: Scatterbug->Spewpa

Deaths:

Teldra: Met in Route 3 at Level 3, died to Infestation from Viola's Vivillon at Level 11.

I am further than this, but this is much too long an update on it's own, without getting to where I am currently. So, on that note, which Kanto Starter should I pick?

--

December 14, 2013 at 6:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

I really like where this is going, and I wish I was more familiar with everything it's referencing. It seems really interesting! And screw Infestation, wow.

I would say you can never go wrong with a Squirtle!

--

December 14, 2013 at 7:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

I'm heavily referencing the Vlad Taltos series by Steven Brust. It's a very good series that's been around for a while, but not very well known.

--

December 14, 2013 at 7:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Charmander. There's a free, Nuzlocke-kosher Lapras in a little bit, and Mega Charizard Y is a MONSTER.

RIP Teldra

--

The destructor has gone

December 14, 2013 at 8:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

I'm currently torn between Squirtle and Charmander. Squirtle is an infinitely better water type than Panpour, and it has a lot of nostalgia. Charmander is a superb fire type, but I already have a pretty good one in Litleo. Plus, more flyers than I know what to do with before too long.

--

December 14, 2013 at 8:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

So. As you can see from my Trainer Card, I've made some significant progress. Mega Update on the way. But I'd like to first ask some advice.

My team has some really wonky combinations right now, and I need help figuring out what to do with them. Probably the most bizarre is a Sassy Inkay with Suction Cups and Topsy-Turvy. I want to do something neat with him, but it's...difficult. The builds I'm seeing online all vouch on the fact that it'll have the Contrary ability, and build off of that. Mine doesn't and so is infinitely less viable. However, it still seems like it has potential, but I'm not sure what to do with it.

I also have a Timid Crobat. This means its speed is ridiculous, but it doesn't have a particularly good attack stat. Between these two it looks like I might end up doing more shenanigans with my team than normal.

Finally, I have an Impish Eevee I'm keeping in reserve, probably to become an Umbreon. All in all, this run has been very weird so far. For a while, I was looking like a gym leader with all the flying types I kept running into.

--

December 20, 2013 at 10:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Suction Cups is an ability that's much more useful competitively than in-game, because hardly any important CPU trainers will try to Roar or Whirlwind you away, but in general Suction Cups users are good at setting up with moves like Calm Mind or Swords Dance because they can't be forced to switch and lose their stat ups. Seeing as how a Contrary Inkay can't really set up, yours could actually be advantageous, as it can take the opportunity to be a Calm Mind user. Topsy-Turvy and Swagger is also an interesting combo; confuse your foe and lower their Attack two stages.

Also as a side note, not relevant to a Nuzlocke but something you might be interested to know for postgame, having a lead Pokémon with Suction Cups makes you more likely to keep shiny fishing chains active.

Timid Crobat is still great. It can run the Toxic/Venoshock Combo, along with Air Cutter or Air Slash, and Confuse Ray for additional hax. Plus as a Poison-type it can heal with Black Sludge, letting you use your Leftovers on someone else. Like, say, your planned Umbreon. Crobat/Umbreon is a marvelous walling combo.

--

The destructor has gone

December 20, 2013 at 11:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Topsy-Turvy Swagger I've tried a few times, and it has an unfortunate tendency to backfire when they nearly take out Inkay during that turn between or by making Foul Play (Inkay's best offensive option usually) significantly weaker. I know that both of those are fairly temporary issues right now, but still. I do like the idea of the set up squid though. I'll take another look.

As for Crobat, I already have Venoshock on it, along with Poison Barb, as its main attack. It also knows Confuse Ray. I'm also considering Poison Fang instead of Toxic, as a physical option (though weaker than Venoshock), due partially to the fact that in Gen 6 they upped it's chance of Toxic to 50%, which is ridiculous.

--

December 20, 2013 at 11:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

I had a Contrary Inkay on my first playthrough of White and despite the power of Contrary Inkay's Superpower I never saw the use. I always saw Inkay as more of a Defensive Pokemon and therefore ran him with Reflect, Light Screen, Foul Play, and filler like Psycho Cut. Barring strong fighting types and Bug Pokemon Dark/Psy isn't too bad of a defensive type giveing your neutrality to a lot of attacks. 

Keep in mind though that my Inkay's moveset was like that because I raised it to 55 before finally looking up how to evolve the damn thing. So I didn't have a Malamar for a long time and by the time I did his Attack stat was high enough that I never bothered with Reflect and Light Screen. Rocky Helmet is nice on both Inkay and Malamar IMO.

Sp.At Crobat is totally viable like Nick said. I wouldn't give him up his natural bulk plus incridible speed will make him an invaluable member of your team and a great Fairy Killer.

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

December 21, 2013 at 1:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

"Success leads to stagnation;
Stagnation leads to failure."

I left Santalune City and headed north towards Parterre Way. Deciding to wander around the hedge mazes, I caught a female Combee, naming her Haruko. If memory served, females could evolve into the powerful Vespiquen. Could be useful.

I continued on, past a massive fountain, until I reached a gate which lead to a sprawling metropolis. Standing in front of the gate were the two children who had given us the Pokemon back in Aquacorde Town. They greeted me, telling me about Fairies, some sort of newly discovered Pokemon type that was found here. They then lead me into Lumiose City.

I had expected some grand city of lights, some hub of international trade. Instead, I found a derelict yet obviously formerly glorious husk. I asked some of the locals what had happened. A winter storm had ravaged the region, forming a sheet of ice on nearly every surface. With icicles twelve inches or more weighing down power lines, a widespread blackout had affected the city. It would be some time before power would be restored.

The children lead me further into the darkened city, until eventually we reach a dimly lit laboratory. Within, I meet Professor Sycamore, who is surprisingly young. He apologizes for the fact that the only illumination available are candles, and challenges me to a battle. He first sends out a Bulbasaur. My mind harkens back to the first time I woke up in Kanto after this all began. I watched in horror as again and again Gary Motherfucking Oak's Charmander killed my Bulbasaurs. Until, eventually, Yellow Musk finally fought through, knocking Charmander into submission. My mind cleared and I began my journey. The first of many since becoming the plaything of Dialga. I sent out Morpheus, being sure to knock it unconscious vice killing it. Upon defeating the Bulbasaur, Morpheus evolved into a Vivillon, his wings a beautiful autumnul orange, brown and green. I can't help but think back to Viola's pink Vivillon, how much pleasure she took in killing Teldra, how she took pictures of the look of horror in my face as I saw the Infestation eat my Fletchling alive. I was not like her, nor would I ever be. If I must kill, it'll be for a damn good reason. And, unlike her, I took no pleasure in it.

The professor sent out a Charmander next. I switched to Kappa, who easily took care of it. Finally, he sent out a Squirtle. I sent out Tsalmoth. The battle ended shortly thereafter. Professor Sycamore complimented me on my strength and the bond I had forged with Tsalmoth, and offered one of the Pokemon I had just defeated as another companion. I could barely stand to look at Bulbasaurs and Charmanders anymore, after my experiences, so I picked the Squirtle, naming him Abram. Along with the new Pokemon, he handed me a strange stone, like a very large white, blue and brown marble, explaining that I would learn about it along the way. I thanked him and left.

Outside the lab, I saw a giant of a man with fiery orange hair in a black and red suit discussing getting older with a woman in a large white jacket that seems to have wings. She seems distracted by the blackout however, and leaves shortly thereafter. The man notices me and introduces himself as Lysandre, of Lysandre Labs. He hands me a sample of their technology, the Holo Caster, explaining that his company is working around the clock to fix this blackout, but it's problematic, as there are issues at the Power Plant to the North as well. He recommended heading West instead, as the paths circle back to Lumiose eventually, and then left himself, disappearing into the city of darkness. I take his advice, leaving for Versant Road.

As I climb the hills leading up to Camphrier Town, I see a familiar face, or rather pair of faces: Doduo. I catch it, naming him Janus, and continue the hike, training Tazendra along the way. As we near the top of the hill, our path is blocked by a horde of Scraggy. Thinking Tazendra should be able to defeat them all without issue, I have her attack them. As one goes down, the rest swarm my Litleo, throwing sand into her eyes and kicking her until she stops moving. Terrified, I send out Morpheus, who picks them off with Struggle Bug from outside their reach. After the last one falls, I pick up Tazendra. She's in bad shape. I run the rest of the way to Camphrier Town, hoping the Pokemon Center can heal her. As soon as I enter and see the look on the Nurse's face, I can tell that it's already too late.

As I leave town, I see that the bridge leading to the Riviere Walk is blocked by, of course, a Snorlax. I've dealt with this before. Another nearby trainer informs me that the man who lives in the palace has a Pokeflute that might be able to wake it. That's actually pretty convenient. He directs me north, to Palais Lane. It's obvious that the landscaper here is lazy, as the pathway is extraordinarily well maintained, but the overgrowth on either side is ridiculous. Deciding to bushwhack for a change of pace, I leap the hedge and find a creepy gray cat staring at me. I catch the thing, an Espurr I find out, and name her Sethra. Continuing North, I eventually reach the Parfum Palace, where the owner is looking for his Furfrou. I agree to find it if he'll give me the Pokeflute. He agrees, desperate to find his Pokemon. I search the grounds, eventually tackling the thing and dragging it back to him. He thanks me, and hands me the flute, telling me that I am to return it once I am done. Like that's going to happen.

I return to the bridge, play the flute and awaken the Snorlax. I send out Abram to face the beast first. After a few rounds of ineffective Water Guns, I play it safe and switch to Tsalmoth, who finishes it off with a Vine Whip. As it falls, both Tsalmoth and Abram evolve, into a Quilladin and Wartortle respectively. As I recovered from the amazement of two starter evolutions, it began to dawn on me that I had blown my catch for this route. I continued through, eventually reaching a cave with a makeshift sign that said Zubat Roost. Oh, this should be fun.

I entered, and sure enough, Zubat. Zubat all along the ceiling. Thankfully, these ones were more accustomed to dealing with people, and hadn't taken over the cave completely as they had in Mt. Moon. Unsurprisingly, I ran into one that tried running as soon as it saw me. I caught it, naming him Loiosh. Thankfully, the tunnel was short, so I had little trouble besides that.

As I emerged from the cave, I found myself on a cliffside path, overlooking the ocean to the West. The Muraille Coast. It was significantly warmer here, the mountains acting as a barrier to the cold of the North. I began heading down the path, only to be stopped by the two children again. How did they get here before me? This was starting to get creepy. They handed me an upgrade to the Pokedex which added the Pokemon found in the Coastal region. I find it interesting that we are given these devices to make an encyclopedia, and yet everybody already seems to know everything that would be recorded in these things. Regardless, I leave the white suited children once more, hoping that would be our last meeting.

Continuing down the cliffs, I find a peculiar cephalopod floating on air. An Inkay. I catch it without too much difficulty, naming it Lovecraft. I reach Ambrette Town, and check out my new catches. Surprisingly, Lovecraft is a Dark/Psychic type, and not a Water type like I had anticipated. After a nights rest, I decide to check out the rest of the town, the only things of interest being the Aquarium and a Paleontology Lab. I check out the lab, where the scientists within are panicking, as a recent cave-in occurred within Glittering Cave, trapping one of their own within. I offer my assistance and they lead me to Route 9, a very rocky path that they've not gotten around to clearing. One of the scientists loans me his Rhyhorn, explaining that, while slow, he'll get me there with no problem. Sure enough, after an hour or so, I am at the entrance to Glittering Cave.

It's easy to see how it got its name. Gems cover the walls and floor, reflecting the light from the entry. As I wander through the intact tunnels, I encounter a Cubone that I name Athena, and eventually find make my way into the collapsed tunnels. With Tsalmoth and Abram's help, we manage to squeeze into a large chamber, filled fossils. The scientist is tied up in the corner. Somebody else is here. I'm ambushed by four trainers, wearing bright red suits and strange solid red glasses. Perhaps it's to hide their identities, as they're obviously members of some sort of criminal syndicate. They begin laughing at how stupid I was to have gone in here alone, how now I'll just be another hostage like the scientist. I am no simple trainer, I explain, reaching into my jacket. I am an agent of the International Police, tasked with rooting out criminal organizations. I have taken on the likes of Team Rocket, Team Plasma and Team Galactic. Your little band of troublemakers doesn't stand a chance.

After the last one is defeated and put in handcuffs, I untie the scientist. He thanks me, giving me a fossil of a huge jaw. We begin heading back on the Rhyhorn, the criminals in tow so that I can hand them over to the proper authorities, when the mountain begins to shift. We look up and see the outermost layer of cliff slide down towards us. The rock slide knocks the Rhyhorn onto its side, with us behind it, protected from the rolling stones by its armored hide. The prisoners take the opportunity to escape, preferring to risk their lives in this chaos than go to jail. As the dust settles, I look around, and they're nowhere to be found. Damn. I look back up at the mountain. I can barely make out the silhouette of a man atop the cliff. Then, as suddenly as he appeared, he's gone. We return to Ambrette Town, and the scientists turn the fossil into a Tyrunt, who I name Kalameet.

Who are these people? What is going on in this region? And why is everyone so complacent about it?

New Catches:
Haruko (Combee, female) : Honey Gather, Bashful, Alert to Sounds
Abram (Squirtle, male) : Torrent, Naive, Somewhat Vain
Janus (Doduo, male) : Run Away, Hardy, Likes to Thrash About
Sethra (Espurr, female) : Keen Eye, Gentle, Hates to Lose
Loiosh (Zubat, male) : Inner Focus, Timid, Often Lost in Thought
Lovecraft (Inkay, male) : Suction Cups, Sassy, Likes to Run
Athena (Cubone, female) : Lightning Rod, Timid, Somewhat Stubborn
Kalameet (Tyrunt, male) : Strong Jaw, Careful, Loves to Eat

Evolutions:
Morpheus: Spewpa->Vivillon
Tsalmoth: Chespin->Quilladin
Abram: Squirtle->Wartortle

Deaths:

Tazendra: Met in Route 22 at Level 5, died to a horde of Scraggy's Low Kicks at Level 15.

More to come. It's been awhile.

--

December 21, 2013 at 6:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Argh, Hordes. Even if they are 10 or more levels lower than you, taking 5 attacks in one turn can be dangerous indeed. RIP Tazendra.

--

The destructor has gone

December 21, 2013 at 8:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

You've sure got an interesting team going at least, but I'm sorry about Tazendra! I was looking forward to seeing how she would have done. Looking forward to the next update!

--

December 24, 2013 at 4:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Bluh. Need to update this. I'm way further than shown here. It's ridiculous how far behind this is. Like I'm in Dendemille Town. What the hell.

--

January 20, 2014 at 4:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

So, figure I might as well ask for opinions while I'm working on updates. My party's been in a state of flux as of late, so I'd like suggestions on what to do with it.

Current Party Members:

Abram (Male Naive Blastoise) - Pretty much Mega Evolves and beats face. 'nuff said.

Cawti (Female Sassy Nidoqueen) - With a wide range of moves, can pretty much hit anything for super effective damage. On top of that, has decent bulk and Poison Point, so is good defensively too. May give Rocky Helmet to her, for extra shenanigans. Currently have Expert Belt equipped.

Komachi (Female Docile Lapras) - Rain Dance, Water Absorb and Surf. Gives extra support to Blastoise whilst also just being generally awesome besides.

Joan (Female Adamant Escavalier) - Ridiculous Attack, awesome typing, excellent bulk. What's not to like?

Considerations:

Lovecraft (Male Sassy Malamar) - So far has been kinda underwhelming. Is a decent tank, but mostly just uses Foul Play and Psycho Cut to kill the enemy without even needing to rely on Swagger or Topsy-Turvy. Not bad by any means, but not exactly what I was hoping for.

Medusa (Female Quirky Gigalith) - Not bad, but its movepool is so limited. Knows Stealth Rock, so there's that, but that's really only good in competitive play.

Kieron (Male Careful Pawniard) - A possibility, but I already have a better Steel type and a good Dark type. On top of that, I'd rather not have more weakness to Fighting.

Vriska (Female Modest Skorupi) - With only a weakness to Ground when it evolves, has the potential to be quite the tank. However, again, that's extra Ground weaknesses without flyers.

Omen (Male Impish Eevee) - With a nature that boosts Defense at the expense of Special Attack, the only viable options are Umbreon or (possibly) Flareon.

Others:

Janus (Male Hardy Doduo)

Kappa (Male Jolly Panpour)

Sonja (Female Jolly Tentacool)

Haruko (Female Bashful Combee)

Athena (Female Timid Cubone)

And there's also the Event Torchic, but I'm not really even considering it.

--

January 20, 2014 at 10:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Still active huh?

Flareon finally gets Flare Blitz in it's moveset so that could work. You could try a Leafeon too once you get to Snowbelle. Won't help much till the E4, but eh it is a good Poke and will give you a ground resist.

The smartest choice right now might be to just not add another member so you over-level the few good ones you have.

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

January 22, 2014 at 5:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Surprisingly, shortly afterposting this, I found my solution. Just need to trade.
--

January 22, 2014 at 11:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

"Everyone is a predator."

I headed north along the beach, reaching Cyllage City just before nightfall. I headed towards the Pokemon Center, only to be nearly run down by a bicyclist. As I picked myself up, I found I was walking through the middle of a bike race. I got out of the way and waited for it to finish. The man who nearly hit me won. Of course he did. As he held the trophy above his head, a bored look on his face, I pushed my way through the crowd, ready to challenge him to a battle. Today had not been my day, and I had to take my frustration out on somebody, and he seemed as good a target as any. I issued my challenge. He deflected it, saying he'd be at the gym all evening, if I'd like to try to get his badge. Of course he's the gym leader. Great.

Later that night, after resting a bit at the center and buying a green jacket to combat the chill winds blowing from the north along the cliffs, I entered the cavern that acted as Grant's Gym. Within rose an enormous pillar of stone, narrow cliffs randomly interspersed around the sides. At the top of the pillar, I could feel Grant's eyes peering down at me. I began my treacherous ascent. I lost my grip a few times, nearly falling to my death had I not caught myself or hung on for dear life. Eventually, I reached a cliff. As I pulled myself up onto the ledge, one of the gym trainers sent out a Rhyhorn. Rushed, panicking, I grabbed a random Pokeball, sending out Morpheus to defend me, ordering him to use Psybeam. The attack hit, but only served to make the Rhyhorn slam into the rock wall prior to continuing its charge. As it bore down on us, Morpheus blasted its mind again, causing it to careen off the edge, falling to the gym floor far below. I took a breath and heard a noise from above. I looked up and saw rocks, dislodged from the Rhyhorn's charge, come loose and begin falling, hurtling directly towards Morpheus, faster than I could give an order to move. I dug through the rocks that buried my Vivillon, until i eventually found him, or at least what was left of him. Upon seeing what had been my Vivillon, Morpheus, I already knew there was healing from what had happened. I took one of the scales from his crumpled wings, withdrew him to his ball and watched as the light on the front turn to black. I climbed back down. I looked back up and saw Grants looking back down at me, watching my every move.

To be continued...

--

January 23, 2014 at 10:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

186 views - 0 comments
184 views - 1 comment
244 views - 4 comments
207 views - 0 comments